CAFOD Country Representative Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.cafod.org.uk before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
CAFOD Vacancies 2023 for Country Representative Jobs in Juba Location.
CAFOD Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for CAFOD job opportunity portal for the post of Country Representative. Country Representative Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.cafod.org.uk before the last date which is 30/07/2023.
Country Representative Jobs at CAFOD Details
|Recruiter Name||CAFOD (Catholic Agency for Overseas Development)|
|Name of Vacancy||Country Representative Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Salary||SSP 52,903.00-61,584.00 Per Year|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Country Representative Jobs Description
The purpose of this role is to lead CAFOD & Trocaire in Partnership (CTP)’s work and involvement in South Sudan, in line with CAFOD’s organisational strategy, Our Common Home. CAFOD’s programme work is underpinned by an Integral Ecology Programme Model, where Programme Strategies are developed with partners to focus on addressing the causes and symptoms of poverty, inequality and environmental degradation.
The scope of this post falls into the following broad functions:
- Ownership and responsibility for the development and delivery of the South Sudan strategy, including having oversight of the programme portfolio and ensuring quality standards are met;
- Internal and external representation
- Accountability for resourcing, and financial and funding management
- Risk & security management
- Team management
- Country Office management
The post-holder is a member of the International Programme Group. They lead CAFOD and Trocaire’s work in South Sudan. This role will work closely with other teams across CAFOD and Trocaire including; Programme Quality & Capacity Strengthening Team, Emergency Response and Support Team, Advocacy, Communications & Education Group, and Finance teams.
The post holder will be expected to undertake frequent travel (up to 12 weeks per year).
Development and effective delivery of the South Sudan strategy
- Following CAFOD’s Integral Ecology Programme Model, manage the effective development, resourcing, delivery, monitoring and review of the core programme strategy. In particular:
- Ensure that the projects and programmes in the strategy are consistent with CAFOD and Trocaire’s organisational identity (Vision/Mission/Values, ethos, strategy and priorities).
- Ensure application of programme quality standards, including safeguarding, dignity and inclusion, and integration;
- Oversee the effective management of our partnership portfolio, placing particular attention to the quality of the relationships with partners (As per standards from CAFOD’s Partnership Policy).
- Accountable for ensuring capacity strengthening processes are in place, and developing opportunities for more systematic learning and sharing among partners and within CAFOD;
- Provide oversight of and support to the management of projects and programmes.
- Ensure that CAFOD responds appropriately to humanitarian crises and requests for humanitarian support.
Internal and external representation
Act as the key/lead contact (can be delegated as appropriate) in South Sudan, in relationships with the Catholic Church, Caritas and CIDSE sister agencies, UN, and with national and international organisations, and relevant Governmental departments.
- In agreement with the Head of Region, act as the primary spokesperson internally and externally (e.g. media spokesperson; sign-off of communication/media-related material; etc) for CTP’s work in South Sudan;
- Maximise opportunities for co-operation around programmes, humanitarian, advocacy and fundraising, with sister agencies and other relevant actors.
- Ensure that the South Sudan team understands and acts upon organisational plans and priorities, and is proactively engaged with teams across CAFOD, and with supporter fundraising and communication processes;
- Participate in group and organisational fora and debates, contributing to direction setting, better understanding of organisational priorities, and stronger engagement with peers to facilitate learning and maximise opportunities across CAFOD and Trocaire.
Resource allocation, fundraising and finance management and accountability
- Overall budget responsibility and oversight, including plan, manage, and regularly review budgets (staffing, office, programme, donor) in line with CAFOD’s financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that core and donor funds are used in the most effective and prudent way, demonstrating good stewardship and compliance.
- Ensure annual country/sub-regional, programme and/or project audits are undertaken as appropriate; in accordance with CAFOD’s financial guidelines; and in co-operation with the relevant finance teams.
- Ensure effective country/sub-regional engagement in supporter fundraising and communication processes.
- Ensure implementation and regular review of CTP’s funding strategy, including horizon scanning, networking and ensuring the country team is accessing and managing institutional funding in accordance with CAFOD’s strategic objectives, policies and procedures.
- Ensure country-level risk analysis is undertaken and documented during IEPM Core Programme Development and review processes, with risk mitigation actions incorporated into annual plans. This includes risk analysis around safety, access, dignity, inclusion, gender and supply chain management.
- Ensure partner and donor funding risk management processes are undertaken in accordance with CAFOD policies and procedures.
- Undertake regular review of security risk, engaging with the relevant security co-ordination mechanisms;
- Ensure the Country Safety and Security Plan(s) are written, up-to-date and accessible
- Lead on staff security and safety (including in-country crisis management), ensuring all necessary policies and procedures are in place and followed;
- Act as primary security manager for visitors to the country/sub-regional programme.
- Oversee the management of the CTP office, including ensuring legal compliance, maintenance and protection/security of the building, assets and support systems.
- Ensure provision of on-the-ground support to visitors.
- Lead, manage, develop and support the team / team managers / direct reports by championing our purpose and values through; building strong and safe working relationships, setting SMART objectives and conducting performance reviews, nurturing staff career development. Encouraging collaborative ways of working and aiding staff to be adaptable to change whilst engaging with the external and internal context.
Country office management
- Ensure legal compliance (e.g. CTP’s registration in-country; tax legislation, etc.), keeping documentation up-to-date and secure, and ensuring registration-related documentation is shared with relevant teams (e.g. International Operations Team and Finance);
- Oversee the management of CTP office, including maintenance and protection/security of the building, assets, policies and support systems. This includes computer software and hardware, vehicles, bank accounts and procurement;
- Your role is responsible for ensuring that both you and your staff understand and implement minimums on programme quality into your work (related to safety, accessibility, dignity and inclusion) and that all safeguarding standards are upheld and reported on effectively.
- All CAFOD and Trocaire staff share responsibility to promote and maintain a strong safeguarding culture, including identifying the key actions they should take given their role and responsibilities.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs