DRC Emergency Project Manager Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.drc.ngo before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
DRC Vacancies 2023 for Emergency Project Manager Jobs in Juba Location.
DRC Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for DRC job opportunity portal for the post of Emergency Project Manager. Emergency Project Manager Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.drc.ngo before the last date which is 26/07/2023.
Emergency Project Manager Jobs at DRC Details
|Recruiter Name||DRC (Danish Refugee Council)|
|Name of Vacancy||Emergency Project Manager Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Emergency Project Manager Jobs Description
Under the direct supervision of Emergency Manager, the Emergency Project Manager (Operations Manager) is responsible for the program operations management, guidance of the wider operational aspects and coordination with DRC South Sudan Country Office departments/units and Area Offices. The Operations Manager is responsible to oversee day-to-day operations of mobile response teams, and ensure implementation is within DRC’s regulations, procedures, guidelines and strategies. The operations manager will have oversight over core functions of administration; finance; procurement, logistics; field mission planning &. S/he will work in close coordination with Country Safety, Finance, Supply Chain, HR and Area offices as required.
To achieve the objectives of the position, the Operations Manager will perform the following tasks and undertake the following responsibilities.
- In collaboration with the sector leads/managers prepare monthly forecasts for the MRT and track budget expenditures to ensure timely utilization of funds as per the work plans, adjust budget forecasts when needed.
- Participates in the financial analyses of MRT program, and provide operational support for MRT management
- Managing the DRC MRT financial movements for field missions and ensuring that they are in accordance with DRC
- operational guidance and cash SoPs
- Review all financial documents related to expenses incurred during field missions and ensure all advances taken by team are expenses are closed
- Supports the development of Master Budget, with an appropriate MRT resource allocation
- Support for the monthly financial review and BFU rebooking, quarterly and/or annual MRT projects financial reports preparation.
Logistics & Procurement
- Support the team in preparation of procurement plans for project activities and coordinate with logistics personnel on the procurement process.
- Ensure rapid and timely procurements in-line with emergency response modalities
- Ensure warehouse management, tracking procurement, preposition stocks and ensuring timely delivery of supplies to the field with support from program support team.
- Collaborate with the Programme Support Specialist to ensure the completion and submission of SRFs to the Logistics
- Cluster and track the progress of movement of items to field locations.
Team and People Management and Administration
- People management of direct reports and overall responsibility for staff under s/he supervision (including recruitment, development, people planning and performance management)
- Maintain and contribute to a positive, collaborative and enabling work environment
- Ensure on the job mentoring and proactive capacity building of staff on core operational functions
- Ensure staff is well versed on the DRC’s Code of Conduct, accountability, respectful dialogue with communities, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.
Safety and Security
- Serve as the lead Safety focal point for the Mobile Response Teams, including overseeing daily check-ins with teams on mission, in collaboration with Head of Safety, and providing guidance and support to field teams in the management of security incidents.
- Closely work with the Emergency Manager and Head of Safety in planning and implementing appropriate safety measures that safeguard MRT and assets during deployment, review mission safety plans.
- Ensure staff compliance with security management rules and procedures (for i.e. ensuring relevant documentation and procedures are understood and adhered to by staff).
- Maintain safety assets with support from the safety team and ensure all staff have acquired the right approvals for assets before deployment
- Ensure all staff have a specific mission order for deployment for assessment and interventions.
Experience and technical competencies:
- University degree in social sciences, operations, international cooperation, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- At least five years international experience working in fast-paced emergency context in programme operation management.
- Familiarity with Key DRC sectors of programming, including knowledge of Camp Management and Camp Coordination, SNFI, and Protection programming in emergency contexts.
- Experience in budget management and the development of proposal for major donors including ECHO, BHA, SIDA, UN
- agencies including the Country Humanitarian Funds.
- Demonstrated successful experience in supply chain management, Warehouse, procurement, project start up and closure cycles.
- Higher level of diplomatic, access negotiation, and coordination skills are essential, both for internal coordination and for working with key stakeholders
- Experience of managing programs in a complex and rapidly changing security context, and the management of security incidents.
- Established capacity to deal with stressful situations, willingness to work in remote and isolated location;
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, producing high-quality outcomes;
- Strong commitment to DRC vision, mission and core values;
- Good computer and IT skills and strong English communication and writing skills.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- An understanding of the South Sudan context.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance and supervision;
- Experience working in security-sensitive environments and enforcement of team security protocols is an asset
- University degree in disaster management, law, operations, international cooperation, social sciences or social work; or equivalent work experience.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Safety Coordinator, Head of Support Services, Head of Programmes, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Grants ERRM Consortium members, Cluster Coordinators
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs