FAO Communications Specialist Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.fao.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
FAO Vacancies 2023 for Communications Specialist Jobs in Juba Location.
FAO Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for FAO job opportunity portal for the post of Communications Specialist. Communications Specialist Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.fao.org before the last date which is 04/05/2023.
Communications Specialist Jobs at FAO Details
|Recruiter Name||FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization)|
|Name of Vacancy||Communications Specialist Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Communications Specialist Jobs Description
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist Governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The FAO Representation in South Sudan is organized around three main units: Programme, Operations and Administration. The current portfolio of projects in South Sudan includes activities related to Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries, Natural Resource Management, and is implemented with humanitarian, transitional and development funding. The incumbent will contribute to the country’s programme and portfolio as foreseen in the projects.
FAO South Sudan has the biggest Emergency Livelihood Response Programme (ELRP), which has been implemented in partnership with the service providers (International and National NGOs) all over the country.
The Communications Specialist works under the direct supervision of the FAO Representative for South Sudan and in coordination with the Regional Communication Officer (RAF), SFE and OCC & PSE Units at FAO Headquarters.
Tasks and responsibilities
In close collaboration with OCC branches and focal points, the incumbent will:
- Research and analyse communication policy and service delivery issues, maintains operational statistics, and prepares related reports;
- Develop and produce communication and visibility products for the FAO programme in South Sudan (e.g. success/beneficiary stories for print and web, leaflets, brochures, presentations, posters, etc.), including drafting/reviewing texts in English, and overseeing the design, printing and distribution process;
- Edit/revise strategic programme documents in English;
- Facilitate media relations in country, including organizing press conferences/briefings or field visits and producing media-style public information products, media speaking/talking points, press releases, human interest stories for use by FAO;
- Provide communications support for events organized by FAO or with FAO participation in South Sudan;
- Liaise with relevant colleagues in headquarters, specifically the OCC team and PSE units to facilitate exposure of FAO’s activities and ensure the accuracy/coherence of content developed by them;
- Provide information and advice to staff on communications related matters;
- Perform regular missions to field locations to visit project sites;
- Supervise personnel under his supervision;
- Map FAO activities aiming to improve visibility among, but not limited to, targeted beneficiaries and affected populations;
- Participate on project teams and work groups;
- A University degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Public Relations or other related Social Sciences. An advanced degree is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of English (Level C) and limited knowledge of a second FAO language (Level B). Knowledge of other languages spoken in the region is an asset. For a PSA, working knowledge of English is required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong ability to produce content to a professional standard;
- Sound knowledge and experience in writing reports;
- Demonstrated capacity to carry out assignments with a high level of independence and minimal technical guidance;
- Experience with other mediums of communication (radio, photography, video production) will be considered an asset.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs