FAO National Programme Support Specialist Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.fao.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
FAO Vacancies 2023 for National Programme Support Specialist Jobs in Juba Location.
FAO Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for FAO job opportunity portal for tahe post of National Programme Support Specialist. National Programme Support Specialist Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.fao.org before the last date which is 22/08/2023.
National Programme Support Specialist Jobs at FAO Details
|Recruiter Name||FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization)|
|Name of Vacancy||National Programme Support Specialist Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
National Programme Support Specialist Jobs Description
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Our goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security by reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The FAO Representation in South Sudan is organized around three main units: Programme, Operations and Administration. The current portfolio of projects in South Sudan includes activities related to Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries, Natural Resource Management, and is implemented with humanitarian, transitional and development funding. FAO South Sudan has the biggest Emergency Livelihood Response Programme (ELRP), which has been implemented in partnership with the service providers (International and National NGOs) all over the country.
The position is located in FAO office, Juba, South Sudan, with field visits to project sites in the Country.
The National Programme Support Specialist works under the overall guidance & supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Officer.
Provide technical support to programmes and projects documents on time and provision of effective liaison with partners and government on project matters.
Tasks and responsibilities
The National Programme Support Specialist will assist the Head of the Programme Unit to achieve the following deliverables.
• Develop and maintain an overview of the agriculture and food and nutrition security priorities for humanitarian and development by existing and potentially new resource partners for FAO South Sudan;
• Develop, adapt and support the implementation of relevant planning, programming and monitoring tools Write and edit various other documents in English relevant to the work of FAO under the South Sudan programmes, including operational updates, draft background papers, brochures, leaflets, situation reports, etc.;
• Attend meetings with government and donors and serve as a focal point for documenting deliberations and following up on resultant action points;
• Support strategic liaison with government officials, donors and other partners and stakeholders on project updates and consultation as required;
• Assist in the revision, finalization and timely submission of key resource mobilization documents to ensure they meet FAO standards and are aligned with the requirements of major donors;
• Liaise with Field-level Resource Partners, FAO departments and decentralized offices, as necessary, on issues related to development and implementation of emergency, rehabilitation and development projects;
• Support coordination activities related to funding including preparation of project updates and progress reports, financial statements, etc. to government and donors;
• Participate in and make presentations on assigned topics/activities;
• Participate in field missions in order to conduct programme review, obtaining lessons learned for guiding priorities, observing adherence to resource partner plans, etc.;
• Carry out other duties and responsibilities as needed.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• A University degree in Agriculture, Natural resource management, forestry, water and watershed management, irrigation or other related field. An advanced University Degree will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Project formulation, appraisal and implementation as well as coordinating with stakeholders is an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of English (Level C) and limited knowledge of on one of the other FAO languages.
• National of South Sudan.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Prior work experience with international organizations, including INGOs, bilateral or multilateral agencies and UN agencies is an asset
• Experience in project proposal and project documents development in the area of national Programme Support;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, managers and other stakeholders in a multicultural setting, sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Proficient with Microsoft Office package
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs