FAO Vacancies 2023 for Specialist Jobs in Juba Location.
FAO Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for FAO job opportunity portal for the post of Specialist. Specialist Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.fao.org before the last date which is 30/08/2023.
Specialist Jobs at FAO Details
|Recruiter Name||FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization)|
|Name of Vacancy||Natural Resources Management (NRM) Specialist Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Specialist Jobs Description
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Our goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security by reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their natural resources in a sustainable manner.
In the context of the Country programme Framework (CPF), Resilience Strategy and the Emergency Livelihood and Resilience Program (ELRP), FAO South Sudan developed a Natural Resource Management (NRM) strategy, which includes a number of strategic and field activities. Through the NRM strategy FAO South Sudan intends to increase production and productivity in a sustainable manner particularly considering climate resilience, disaster risk management, environment and forestry sector.
The incumbent working under the Natural Resource Management team will contribute to the country’s Programme and portfolio within the climate resilience, disaster risk management, environment and forestry.
The Natural Resources Management (NRM) Specialist works under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Officer. The NRM Specialist works in close technical collaboration with the FAO Climate, Land and Water Unit, and with the FAO sub-regional, regional and headquarters units, in direct support of Heads of field offices and the Programme and Resource Mobilization Team.
Provide technical support to programmes and projects related to climate, disaster risk management, environment and forestry.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Lead and oversee the natural resource management team members in FAO South Sudan;
• Support the implementation of FAO South Sudan’s Natural Resource Management strategy and the development of coherent programmes;
• Design and implement coherent and contextualized methodologies to ensure that FAO and its implementing partners provide planned support on climate change adaptation, climate change mitigation, disaster risk management, environment and forest sectoral programmes and projects at national and community levels, facilitating awareness raising, multi-stakeholder dialogue, capacity development, technical appropriateness and sustainability;
• Support and lead the designing of green climate fund (GCF) project under FAO South Sudan with its high quality and impact and facilitate the process between FAO regional and HQ level and the GCF secretariat;
• Support the development of project documents related to natural resource management, climate change, disaster risk management/reduction, environment and forestry in FAO or at UN common, donor levels;
• Provide technical assistance to existing projects to strengthen the policy, legal and institutional framework governing climate change, disaster risk management/reduction, environment and forestry sector;
• Facilitate strategic partnerships in the field of climate, disaster risk management, environment and forestry;
• Perform any other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• A University degree in natural resource management, forestry, water and watershed management, environmental policy, environmental science, ecology, geoscience, international development with concentration in environment or other related field. An advanced University Degree will be an added advantage
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
• Working knowledge of English (Level C) and limited knowledge (Level B) of on one of the other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish). Working knowledge of English for PSA.SBS.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Prior work experience with international organizations, including INGOs, bilateral or multilateral agencies and UN agencies is an asset;
• Experience in project proposal and project documents development in the area of natural resource management;
• Strong written communications skills;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office package.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs