FCA Peace Building and Reconciliation Advisor Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.kirkonulkomaanapu.fi before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
FCA Vacancies 2023 for Peace Building and Reconciliation Advisor Jobs in Juba Location.
FCA Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for FCA job opportunity portal for the post of Peace Building and Reconciliation Advisor. Peace Building and Reconciliation Advisor Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.kirkonulkomaanapu.fi before the last date which is 18/07/2023.
Peace Building and Reconciliation Advisor Jobs at FCA Details
|Recruiter Name||FCA (Finn Church Aid)|
|Name of Vacancy||Peace Building and Reconciliation Advisor Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Peace Building and Reconciliation Advisor Jobs Description
FCA started its operation in South Sudan in 2014. FCA operates, directly and together with its National Partners, in several counties across the country under the themes right to education, right to peace and right to livelihood.
The Peace Building and Reconciliation Advisor is responsible for providing high-level technical support and capacity building on peacebuilding and reconciliation to both FCA and its partners.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing technical advice and supervision to the implementation of South Sudan Country office (SSUCO’s) Right to Peace (R2P) projects, including supporting the (co-) implementing partner(s), and preparing of narrative and financial reports
- Managing all peacebuilding and reconciliation related grants as a budget holder which encompasses adequately ensuring all the grant management cycle activities from inception to the closure of a grant.
- Planning a more comprehensive SSUCO Peace Programme around the existing peace project(s) and planning new inter-linked and supportive peace projects.
- Design, implement and monitor peacebuilding activities which will aim to enhance peaceful co-existence and social cohesion among communities in South Sudan. This includes leading FCA field teams in various sub-locations as assigned, as well as organizing and overseeing community participation in specific aspects related to the implementation of the various projects and activities while working with partners.
- In liaison with peace partners, national and local stakeholders, ensure follow up of peacebuilding resolutions and agreements, early warning mechanisms, targeted social support interventions and safety nets for implementation support, timely reporting, and monitoring.
- Developing partner and donor relations relating to R2P and raising the profile and increasing the visibility of FCA’s R2P work.
- Writing project proposals in cooperation with the Global Grants Department to raise funding for SSUCO’s Peace Programme.
- Supervising SSUCO’s R2P staff member(s), with close guidance from the country director.
- Attending coordination meetings and representing FCA to connect with the other actors in the peacebuilding sector, and to link FCA’s peace efforts with those of UN agencies and other NGO’s/INGO’s. Advocating SSUCO’s R2P goals and plans for possible donors.
- Coordinating and leading the country level context assessments and integrating the results in the country program strategies.
- Building the capacity of FCA and partner organization staff in conflict sensitivity and do no harm programming.
- Enhancing the capacity of FCA and partner organizations staff in designing, planning, implementing, and evaluating peace processes.
- Building the capacity of youth, women, and the custodians of the customary leaders and engaging all the right holders and duty bearers in result-oriented community peace initiatives.
- In collaboration with other programs designing an innovative peace processes that integrate peace with education, economic activities, short term humanitarian response, and long-term development endeavors.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Minimum Master’s degree in Peace and Conflict Studies, Development Studies, Social/political sciences, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in peacebuilding/reconciliation activities
- Experience in project management, implementation, and coordination of processes across multiple projects with several stakeholders in politically complex and operationally challenging environments. Knowledge of conflict-sensitive environment, in addition, to understanding ethnopolitical conflicts
- Experience in community-based dialogue/mediation and dispute resolution processes.
- Excellent community facilitation and coordination skills.
- Excellent understanding and application of conflict sensitive communication.
- Experience in stakeholders’ capacity building in integrated peacebuilding and conflict transformation skills.
- Understanding of diverse cultural/ethnic context of South Sudan, most important cultural sensitivity
- Experience with data collection, management, analysis, and report production.
- Experience in cooperating with local organizations (NGOs, church and faith-based organization) and international actors
- Strategic thinker and good context analysis skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office package
- Strong English writing skills to prepare reports, promotional materials, and oral presentations
The fixed-term contract for this position will be made for two years with six months’ probation period, starting as soon as possible. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. For more information please contact Interim Country Director Mr Seme Nelson, seme.nelson (at) kua.fi
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs