IFDC Country Director Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.ifdc.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
IFDC Vacancies 2023 for Country Director Jobs in Juba Location.
IFDC Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for IFDC job opportunity portal for the post of Country Director. Country Director Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.ifdc.org before the last date which is 15/03/2023.
Country Director Jobs at IFDC Details
|Recruiter Name||IFDC (International Fertilizer Development Center)|
|Name of Vacancy||Country Director Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Country Director Jobs Description
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing countries. As a non-profit center, IFDC focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity and income in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technologies and agribusiness expertise.
In view of this, IFDC seeks to recruit a Country Director for South Sudan to help improve operational efficiency and effectiveness and thereby attract more funding opportunities to propel IFDC’s vision and mission in-country. Thus, as a Country Director, you are expected to lead your country team to improve IFDC’s operational efficiency, resource mobilization drive, partnerships creation, and project impacts by working closely with the Vice Presidents of Programs, Business Development, Research and the Chief Operating Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
The Country Director is expected to perform the following roles and responsibilities and to achieve the deliverables therein:
- First point of contact for IFDC in country
- Oversee all IFDC’s activities in-country by providing the needed leadership and thereby championing IFDC’s vision and mission in-country
- Develop, nurture and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders especially, the donors, government representatives and agencies, and project/program teams
- Lead regular project management meetings with in-country project teams
- Ensure consistency among activities being implemented
- Monitor project overall expenditure and private sector contribution against budgets and ensure financial compliance to both donor requirements and IFDC’s procedures
- Supervise on timely preparation and presentation of high-quality work plans, progress reports and financial reports
- Monitor project indicators in accordance with the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, evaluate program results and take necessary corrective actions whenever needed.
- Support the communications strategy of all projects/programs
- Review all in-country Public Relations materials and seek approval from the Global Corporate Communication Manager
- Facilitate the internal communication and sharing of experiences among staff and project leaders.
New Business Development Functions/Roles
- Manage all relevant donor accounts in country, based on the guidance of the VP Business Development.
- Lead resource mobilization drive in-country through opportunity scouting, partnerships creation, market positioning, opportunity profiling, capture planning, proposal development planning by working closely with the NBD team
- Support in identifying the unmet needs of stakeholders (e.g. donors, government and important beneficiaries) including all necessary information required to make the proposal competitive
- Assist in developing program specifics by setting the agenda for a series of program design workshops and documenting the results of:
- an initial draft development problem/hypothesis
- initial and final theory of change
- win themes, methods, and approaches in conjunction with project leaders, technical advisors, partnership advisors, NBD team, and consortium members
- support the development of action plans for refining program design
- Support the development of project staffing plan – development of draft org chart, position descriptions, approval of ads for personnel, and interviews with key personnel
- Support in defining the best value for the government (what can we do that is different, innovative)
- Provide inputs on cost data collection, and contribute to price-to-win strategy
Finance and Administration
- Work closely with Chief of Party to Monitor overall project expenditure;
- Ensure all activities are conducted within the scope of the project budget;
- Ensure that cost share is obtained from partners as planned and properly accounted for;
- Ensure proper compilation and approval of annual financial reports;
- Ensure proper compilation and approval of Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation reports and outcomes.
Type of contract: Full Time
Duration: 1 year renewable
Expected Start Date: TBD
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Reporting to: Vice President, Programs
Qualified and interested professionals are encouraged to apply via the IFDC career portal.
Closing Date for Application:
March 15, 2023
- Proven experience in Business Development and managing teams
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in an agricultural-related program
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in an international development sphere.
- Knowledge of contemporary agricultural innovations and technologies
- Ability to perform under time pressure, be flexible, work independently, manage multiple tasks, and work effectively in a fast-paced multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of input and fertilizer markets is strongly desirable.
- Passion for market-led approaches to helping the rural poor to improve their livelihoods
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal, and communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks.
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm, adaptability, and flexibility
- Strong presentation, writing, and negotiation skills, including the ability to elaborate partnership projects and grant proposals
- A sense of initiative, discretion, mature judgment and entrepreneurial spirit are required. Capacity to effectively interact with a multiplicity of stakeholders including senior leaders.
- Innovation and strategic thinking are highly valued.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs