INTERSOS Project Manager Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.intersos.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
INTERSOS Vacancies 2023 for Project Manager Jobs in Juba Location.
INTERSOS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for INTERSOS job opportunity portal for the post of Project Manager. Project Manager Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.intersos.org before the last date which is 14/07/2023.
Project Manager Jobs at INTERSOS Details
|Name of Vacancy||Project Manager Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Project Manager Jobs Description
Since gaining independence from Sudan on July 9, 2011, South Sudan has confronted a number of humanitarian challenges, including population movements and returnee integration. In the two and a half years since people of South Sudanese origin began returning from Sudan on a large scale directly before and after independence, vulnerable communities in South Sudan have struggled to accommodate more than 700,000 new arrivals, many of whom are rebuilding lives and livelihoods with few resources from which to draw. Inter-communal violence and general insecurity also persist in several parts of the country, particularly in Jonglei State, where fighting has led to significant displacement and deteriorating humanitarian conditions.
Lingering effects from more than 20 years of north-south conflict, poverty, and continued tension with Sudan, which led to a cessation of oil exports in 2012 that damaged South Sudan’s economy, compound the humanitarian situation. Confronting deteriorating economic conditions, populations are less able to cope with shocks and increasingly rely on the humanitarian community for basic food and non-food assistance. However, insecurity, bureaucratic harassment of relief organizations, logistical challenges, and Government of the Republic of South Sudan-imposed restrictions constrain humanitarian activities across the country, hindering the delivery of critical assistance to populations in need. The Country has then seen a prolonged period of instability resulting from a failed then stalled peace process.
This position is aimed at ensuring the prompt and effective delivery of the assigned Projects in Jonglei State (Akobo and Lankien) and other additional areas of expansion in case it is required. By the end of the assignment, the post holder is expected to have:
- Contributed to ensuring beneficiaries targeted by projects are accessing all the foreseen services;
- Ensured the technical quality of projects by paying particular attention to technical aspects of Protection sector required;
- Managed all project logistics to ensure the achievement of projects’ activities;
- Managed all financial resources available to projects – ensuring sound documentation is in place for all procurements and internal and donor procedures are applied as applicable;
- Ensured data is collected to respond to all projects’ indicators in a timely fashion for interim and final reporting;·
- Ensured timely submission of all reports due at State level and contributed to country-level reporting (5Ws, interim and final reports);
- Support the national team in conducting needs assessment when required;· Support the national team in development of their skills, knowledge and capacities through training opportunities and on-the-job mentoring.
In particular, the Project Manager will focus on:·
- Setting up and/or ensuring continuation of all the foreseen activities
- Developing and managing the implementation of/adherence to work plans and M&E plans
- Ensuring a sound monitoring of the project by producing, regularly updating and sharing – once in a month – the project appraisal tool (PAT)
- Providing technical support to projects’ staff
- Enhancing quality of implementation by training projects’ staff
- Managing all the financial resources allocated to projects, producing financial plans and cash forecasts and verifying budgets vs. actual on a weekly and monthly basis
- Managing all the logistical procedures, ensuring INTERSOS and donor requirements are met and proper documentation is collected and maintained
- Ensuring reports are properly produced and submitted to donors
- Developing budgets and project proposals for sector, in close coordination and under the supervision of the State Manager ·
- Ensuring 5W matrices are submitted as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Taking part to projects’ meetings called by donors and/or any relevant stakeholders, in close coordination and under the supervision of the Area Coordinator·
- Recruiting national staff as required to achieve projects’ objectives
- Working with the administration department to ensure all administrative procedures are followed
- Updating personal details on file, accurate ToR for each staff member, payrolls etc.
An advanced University Degree in Political Sciences, International Law, Social Sciences, Education, Psychology or significant professional experience in a relevant sector in lieu of formal credentials
- At least two years of relevant professional work experience in the humanitarian field as Project Manager and/or in at least one of the relevant technical disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in working in humanitarian emergency contexts.
- Demonstrated project management skills (financial management, human resources management, monitoring and evaluation techniques)
At least two years of relevant professional work experience in the humanitarian field as Project Manager or in Programme sector.
Fluency in written and spoken English, good reporting and communication skills are required.
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Interpersonal skills, strong ommunication and diplomatic skills
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs