NRC Protection Programme Development Manager Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.nrc.no before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
NRC Vacancies 2023 for Protection Programme Development Manager Jobs in Juba Location.
NRC Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for NRC job opportunity portal for the post of Protection Programme Development Manager. Protection Programme Development Manager Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.nrc.no before the last date which is 13/08/2023.
Protection Programme Development Manager Jobs at NRC Details
|Recruiter Name||NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)|
|Name of Vacancy||Protection Programme Development Manager Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Protection Programme Development Manager Jobs Description
The Protection Programme Development Manager (PDM) is responsible for the design, development and implementation of the Protection from Violence programme in NRC South Sudan.
The Protection from Violence PDM provides specialist expertise and is responsible for strategic advice, programme development, technical support and capacity building to country and programme management on protection. The PDM will develop strong working relationships with NRC field, programme and management teams, and external protection actors.
1. Provide technical guidance to the implementation of the Protection from Violence strategy and macro-log frame.
regional and global strategies and priorities.
2. Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
3. Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposals, budgets and donor reports.
4. Identify trends, technical standards and donor priorities.
5. Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Protection from Violence, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Oversee and lead the start-up of Protection from Violence programme in South Sudan Country Office including leading the development, update, and dissemination of Protection from Violence strategy.
- Lead the expansion of NRC’s Protection from Violence portfolio in South Sudan through the development of sound and evidence-based concept notes, proposals and budgets for new and existing projects in close coordination with relevant programme and support staff.
Programme Management and technical quality
- Provide overall technical leadership and management to the Protection portfolio in line with the South Sudan Country strategy and Protection from Violence strategy.
- Responsible for providing technical and implementation support and guidance to field-based Protection staff in implementing NRC project(s), including but not limited to providing instructions on work plans, approving expenses/procurement, recruitments, reporting, etc.
Technical oversight and capacity building
- Ensure all Protection interventions are compliant with international protection standards, Protection strategy and NRC minimum standards, policies and strategies.
- Developing technical standard operating procedures, guidelines, tools, etc. in close coordination with the Regional/Global Protection Adviser.
Logistics, Finance, and Human Resource
- Ensure appropriate NRC Financial and Logistical systems/procedures are adhered to within the Protection unit.
- Ensure timely and accurate development of procurement plans, recruitment plans, and spending plans and ensure the same is shared with relevant support colleagues..
Coordination and Representation
- Represent NRC in external coordination for a including national level Protection Cluster coordination activities/meetings and other relevant sector-specific meetings and coordination fora.
- Develop and promote good coordination and working relationships with Protection actors and other key stakeholders in South Sudan including government actors, UN agencies, N/INGOs.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Programme development: Regional Protection from Violence Advisor, Head of Programme
- Proposal development: Area Managers, Project Managers/ Coordinators, Sector Specialists, Grants team.
Generic professional competencies:
- At least five years in humanitarian Protection programming environment, including three years’ experience in a senior level project or programme management position.
- Experience in implementing/overseeing specialised protection service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (law, social sciences or related disciplines). An advanced academic qualification will be an added advantage.
- Clear understanding of protection issues, legal frameworks and professional standards in humanitarian and displacement contexts. Knowledge of relevant legal and policy frameworks, international and domestic laws, with focus on International Humanitarian Law, Human Rights.
- Previous experience working in protracted emergencies including in complex and volatile contexts
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in South Sudan preferred.
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programmes and programme development.
- Experience leading stand-alone protection programmes, protection assessments.
- Experience or working knowledge of the Protection information management system.
- Ability to work effectively across cultures, in sensitive environments and with different stakeholders.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Strategic thinking
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs