NRC Security Officer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.nrc.no before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
NRC Vacancies 2023 for Security Officer Jobs in Juba Location.
NRC Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for NRC job opportunity portal for the post of Security Officer. Security Officer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.nrc.no before the last date which is 05/04/2023.
Security Officer Jobs at NRC Details
|Recruiter Name||NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)|
|Name of Vacancy||Security Officer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Security Officer Jobs Description
A job description is a written statement that describes the employee’s role and responsibilities. The role and responsibilities shall be executed within the NRC framework. The job description facilitates the recruitment process by stating the necessary competencies. It is mandatory for all positions.
Position: ERT Mobile HSS Safety Officer
Reports to: Emergency Response Project Manager & Technically Line Managed by HSSM
Supervision of: Technical supervision of field security focal points
Duty station: Juba
Frequency of field deployment: 80%
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships
- Role and responsibilities
- Implement NRC’s safety and security policies, procedures and regulations at field/Juba level
- Monitor and evaluate field compliance to NRC safety and security policies, procedures and regulations.
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs
- Train staff in safety and security and provide regular briefings and updates
- Immediately report; all breaches of safety and security procedures; all threats to NRC staff, beneficiaries, activities or assets; all incidents including near misses.
- Facilitate staff evacuation in emergency situations
- Assist SA in incident management as and when required.
- Liaise with UN agencies, local authorities, NGOs and other external actors to gain security information
- Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in good condition
- Prepare security updates, Mission Plans, Rapid SRAs and reports as required.
- Track staff movement and conduct regular check-ins
- Monitor all mobile team’s movements and maintain records.
- Ensure that all mobile emergency teams are well equipped with radio phones, First aid kits, etc. before any deployment.
- Provide safety and security updates to PO/TL/PC/PM/AM on a regular basis and maintain an incident log for the area of operation.
- Checking on deployed staff on daily basis to ensure their safety.
- Build and maintain stake holders contact list and assist the teams in access related and other negotiations/discussions with them.
- Conduct security briefings to all Emergency staff before any deployment.
- Identify training needed and train the Emergency mobile teams.
- Support the Health and Security Department when needed.
- Support the Emergency mobile teams in conducting their activities when needed.
- Ensure having enough stock of first aid kit contents and replenish them accordingly.
- Take the lead in access negations with the stakeholders.
- Follow up on RRC and JVMM clearance letters.
- Support the team in preparing security incident reports when needed.
1. Value driven competencies
Values are aspirational attitudes and beliefs that influence the way people conduct themselves. NRC’s values are: Dedicated, Innovated, Inclusive and Accountable.
2. Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. Of the 12 behavioral competencies, the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
3. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working as a Security Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Participated in Safety and Security related trainings/workshops.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other local languages is a plus.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Good understanding of the security context within NRC operational area/s
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for and evaluated on the responsibilities and the competencies, based on NRC’s Performance Management System. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs