RCS Vacancies 2023 for Consultant Jobs in Juba Location.
RCS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for RCS job opportunity portal for the post of Consultant. Consultant Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.un.org before the last date which is 30/03/2023.
Consultant Jobs at RCS Details
|Recruiter Name||RCS (Resident Coordinator System)|
|Name of Vacancy||Consultant Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Consultant Jobs Description
Duties and Responsibilities
The UN Resident Coordinator’s Office in South Sudan supports the DSRSG/RC/HC in her efforts to improve the impact, efficiency and effectiveness of the UN’s joint operational activities for development in South Sudan, and to strategically position the UNCT in support of national development priorities. It provides inter-agency coordination support to the UNCT and its various sub-teams (Programme Management Team – PMT, Operations Management Team – OMT, UN Communications Group – UNCG and the PSEA task force). The support includes strategic planning, programme and operations management, policy guidance, data management and results reporting as well as knowledge management, advocacy and communications, all seeking to enhance UN coherence and improve overall programme impact to better achieve development results.
The AAP Consultant will support the Integrated Office of the DSRSG/RC/HC to facilitate a process of operationalizing collective AAP commitments through support to the consolidation of existing in-country AAP workstreams across the peace-humanitarian-development Nexus. The Consultant will provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the RC/HC and the HCT and UNCT during the planning, development and implementation of country and regional level AAP-related initiatives, with a focus on community perceptions and acceptance.
Under the direct supervision of the RC/HC and in close collaboration with HCT and UNCT members, the AAP Consultant will:
i) Advise on the sequencing of AAP priorities to ensure that a minimum number of priorities are highlighted with timelines and responsible focal points (function and agency)
ii) Work closely with and participate in the Communication and Community Engagement work group, who are tasked to support the implementation of the HCT AAP strategy.
iii) Provide technical advice on leveraging funds from existing mechanisms and facilitate resource allocation to support the implementation of collective AAP commitments across the HDP nexus.
iv) Develop training tools to strengthen AAP approaches, and identify capacity strengthening opportunities, especially for national NGO partners.
v) Participate in the InterCluster Coordination Group (ICCG) to support, consolidate and enable AAP opportunities.
vi) Facilitate a consolidated and harmonized approach across current and planned HDP nexus initiatives, building on existing in-country AAP workstreams, with specific focus on:
a. Collective community perceptions tracking
b. Facilitating community engagement
c. Mapping/developing operationally-focused tools and training for frontline teams
vii) Provide support, training and guidance to AAP focal points, to nexus initiatives such as PfPRR and RSRTF, as well as to other units of the Integrated Office, in particular PSEA, ProCap, Gender, Child protection, PTR and other technical leads, as required.
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in law, social sciences, journalism, or a related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, peacebuilding or other related area, of which three years of experience in accountability to affected people at the field level, is required.
• Two years of experience of working in coordination in UN and inter-agency settings is desirable.
• Experience liaising with governments, clusters and donors at field and global level is desirable.
• Experience in using technological tools related to community engagement is desirable.
• Experience working in South Sudan is required.
Fluency in oral and written English is required.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs