South Sudan NGO Forum Snr Prot Clust Coord Off Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www,comms.southsudanngoforum.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
South Sudan NGO Forum Vacancies 2022 for Snr Prot Clust Coord Off Jobs in Juba Location.
South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs in Juba 2022:- New job notification not for South Sudan NGO Forum job opportunity portal for the post of Snr Prot Clust Coord Off. Snr Prot Clust Coord Off Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www,comms.southsudanngoforum.org before the last date which is 15 December 2022.
Snr Prot Clust Coord Off Jobs at South Sudan NGO Forum Details
|Recruiter Name||South Sudan NGO Forum|
|Name of Vacancy||Snr Prot Clust Coord Off Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Last Date||15 December 2022|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Snr Prot Clust Coord Off Jobs Description
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
In complex humanitarian emergencies and natural disasters where UNHCR is designated as the Protection Cluster Lead Agency under the Cluster Approach, the position of Senior Protection Cluster Coordination Officer performs a dedicated coordination, strategy development and advocacy function. The Senior Protection Cluster Coordination Officer reports directly to the UNHCR Representative who has final accountability for the performance of UNHCR as Cluster Lead Agency. At the same time, the incumbent effectuates UNHCR’s commitment to work within the framework of the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) and the Cluster Approach. The UNHCR Protection Cluster Lead Agency functions, embodied in the role of Senior Protection Cluster Coordination Officer, are critical in ensuring UNHCR’s leadership within a diverse protection community. The Senior Protection Cluster Coordination Officer is expected to discharge UNHCR’s lead role in the Protection Cluster and to impartially represent the interests of the members of the Protection Cluster, including the provision of active support, as applicable, to sub-clusters or working groups of the Cluster which may be coordinated by other Agencies. As a result, the Senior Protection Cluster Coordination Officer leads an inter-agency team in an environment that requires high standards of accountability and demonstrable leadership, coordination, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, and in which the principles of partnership and collaboration are essential.
The Senior Protection Cluster Coordination Officer represents the Protection Cluster in Inter-Cluster Coordination mechanisms. The Senior Protection Cluster Coordination Officer advocates for protection mainstreaming in the humanitarian response, leads the mainstreaming of early recovery activities in the Protection Cluster, and spearheads the integration of cross-cutting issues into the work of the Protection Cluster, especially age, gender and diversity.
The Senior Protection Cluster Coordination Officer works closely with and/or directly supervises a multi-functional UNHCR Protection Cluster Support team, including, but not limited to, the areas of information management, needs assessment, profiling, registration, reporting and advocacy.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Chair cluster meetings and represent the Protection Cluster in meetings with sectoral and external partners, authorities and other relevant interlocutors.
- Issue reports and make advocacy statements on behalf of the Protection Cluster.
- Make decision over format and frequency of meetings, designation of focal points and the establishment of sub-groups/working groups and ad hoc/task-related bodies for specific issues.
- Negotiate with the Humanitarian Coordinator/Resident Coordinator, the Humanitarian Country Team and cluster members the prioritization and inclusion of project proposals and common funding criteria for inclusion in inter-agency funding appeals.
- Allocate financial and other resources within the Protection Cluster, when required, such as regarding Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) or Common Humanitarian Funds (CHF). Perform other related duties as required.
- Ensure that the protection response is driven by a Protection Cluster strategy developed in a consultative process with external partners and is integrated into the Humanitarian Country Team’s common humanitarian action plan.
- Convene and facilitate meetings in line with the Principles of Partnership, ensuring that cluster meetings are consultative and results oriented.
- Ensure coordination with government counterparts and other relevant authorities.
- Lead the design of transition strategies for the Protection Cluster: facilitate the development of a strategy for the cluster ensuring proper linkages with disaster risk reduction, relief, and recovery and development efforts.
Needs Assessment and Resources Mobilization
- Lead, coordinate and conduct within the Protection Cluster or at Inter-Cluster level protection needs assessments, including participatory assessments of affected populations.
- Provide strategic direction to development of common funding criteria, resource mobilisation and prioritization within the Protection Cluster for inclusion in Consolidated Appeals and pooled funds processes; Establish mechanisms for accountable and transparent financial resource allocation within the cluster.
- Coordinate the delivery of protection training activities for Protection Cluster members, other local partners, and relevant authorities.
- Coordinate initiatives to build the protection capacity of the national and local government, partners and civil society.
- Ensure adherence to IASC standard operating procedures for IDP profiling.
- Coordinate the integration of cross-cutting issues in the work of the Protection Cluster, including any work developed by sub-clusters or working groups.
- Ensure adherence of Protection Cluster activities to Guidelines on Age, Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming.
- Through Cluster-wide consultative processes, provide input into the development of global protection policy and standards led by the Global Protection Cluster.
- Facilitate reporting and information sharing within the Protection Cluster and at the inter-cluster level.
- Ensure that the Protection Cluster has a functional information management strategy and mechanism.
- Ensure that the Protection Cluster produces regular updates and briefing notes on the protection concerns in the affected population, response activities, challenges and recommendations.
- Identify core advocacy concerns for the Protection Cluster through a consultative process: develop joint cluster/ inter-cluster initiatives to ensure regular and consistent advocacy.
- Ensure a consistent interpretation and application of international law and related UNHCR and IASC legal standards and protection policies.
- Ensure the Protection Cluster’s adherence to international human rights instruments, the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement as well as other relevant international and regional instruments; in cooperation with the Humanitarian Country Team support local interventions when violations of international protection standards and principles occur.
- Promote and strengthen national legislation relevant to internal displacement and durable solutions
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P4/NOD – 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Law; Human Rights; International Relations;
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
CCCM Cluster Coordination;
HCR Coordination Lrng Prog;
HCR Management Lrng Prg;
HCR Protection Learning Prg;
Emergency Mgmt Workshop;
Tri-Cluster Knowl/Coord Skills;
Prot in NaturalDisaster Situat;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
9 years of previous work experience preferably in working with Protection Cluster, IDP Operation or Country Operations applying the Cluster Approach.
PR-Country Operations applying the Cluster Approach
CL-Protection Cluster Coordination
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs