UNDP Finance Associate Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.undp.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNDP Vacancies 2023 for Finance Associate Jobs in Juba Location.
UNDP Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNDP job opportunity portal for the post of Finance Associate. Finance Associate Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.undp.org before the last date which is 11/07/2023.
Finance Associate Jobs at UNDP Details
|Recruiter Name||UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)|
|Name of Vacancy||Finance Associate Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Finance Associate Jobs Description
UN electoral assistance in South Sudan is led by the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) in collaboration with UNDP and other UN agencies. An integrated electoral assistance team has been established and within this integrated structure UNDP has set up the South Sudan Electoral Support Project. The Project seeks to strengthen national institutions, platforms and processes for credible, transparent, peaceful and inclusive electoral processes with the following outcomes:
- Establishment of an enabling legal framework for free, fair and inclusive elections supported
- Strengthened institutional capacities for professional, transparent and accountable election management
- Inclusive participation fostered through enhanced rights and access to information
- Enhanced environment for maintaining security and mitigating violence during elections
- Strengthened effectiveness in planning and implementing electoral processes for all citizens
The Project will provide support to several institutions including the reconstituted National Elections Commission (NEC) and Political Parties Council (PPC) and work closely with relevant Ministries, UNMISS, UN agencies, other implementing partners and Civil Society Organizations including women, youth and persons with disability organizations among others.
- Administration of budgets and effective cost recovery
- Accounting, finance, and administrative support
- CO cash management
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures administration and implementation of operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- CO Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with office management.
- Implementation of cost sharing and trust fund agreements, elaboration of conditions of contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
Ensures administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation and modifications of budgets for UNDP projects, follow up with HQs on authorized spending limits (ASL) for management projects.
- Establishment of criteria for pro-ration of Agencies contributions to the common services account, preparation and modifications of the common services budget and follow up on timely recovery of payments.
- Implementation of the control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications, budgetary status versus ASL, follow up with HQs on ASL for development projects, maintenance of the General Ledger.
- Sending project budget to KK or the equivalent function in the ERP if authorized by the Senior Management based on the signed ProDocs and approved project budgets as per AWP.
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources of the CO, reports containing analysis of the financial situation.
- Timely preparation of cost-recovery bills in Quantum for the services provided by elaboration and implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery.
Provides accounting and administrative support to the Finance Unit focusing on achievement of the following results
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of financial reports for NEX projects.
- Approval of vendors in Quantum (as a senior member of the Finance team).
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Quantum; payrolls are duly prepared; travel claims, MPOs and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Coordination and review of accounts closure
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers. Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and follow up with partners on contributions.
- Timely VAT reimbursements, payment of GLOC by the Government.
- Proper receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals.
- Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application.
Ensures proper CO cash management functioning focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Daily review of zero-balance account bank statements in quantum to monitor imprest level; identification and recording of contributions.
- Alternate with the the Head of Project Manager Operations Manager as primary contact with local bank management on routine operational matters including negotiation of exchange rate on replenishment. May serve as member of bank signatory panel upon decision of Resident Representative.
- Approval and submission of monthly UN exchange rate report to Treasury when requested.
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Selecting bank transfers and deals for approval and settlements.
- Performing Paycycle manager role in Quantum.
- Timely preparation of monthly cashflow forecast for use by Operations Manager/Finance Analyst. Liaison with Implementing partners to obtain estimate of their cash requirements.
- Alternate as cashier for cash disbursements made on site.
Secondary Certificate or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Minimum six years of progressively responsible work (or minimum 3 years with Bachelor’s degree)
Proven organizational, communication (written and oral) and inter-personal skills.
Finance and accounting experience is required.
Experience in the usage of computers and Microsoft Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of webbased management systems.
Knowledge of Quantum is highly desirable.
Proficiency in English (written and oral), Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs