UNDP Finance Officer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.undp.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNDP Vacancies 2023 for Finance Officer Jobs in Juba Location.
UNDP Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNDP job opportunity portal for the post of Finance Officer. Finance Officer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.undp.org before the last date which is 21/03/2023.
Finance Officer Jobs at UNDP Details
|Recruiter Name||UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)|
|Name of Vacancy||Finance Officer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Finance Officer Jobs Description
This position is located within the Humanitarian Financing Unit (HFU) for the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in South Sudan. The HFU currently oversees and manages the South Sudan Humanitarian Fund (SSHF) and the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF). The post is based in Juba, with constant travel to project locations in all regions.
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head of the Humanitarian Financing Unit (HFU), the National Finance Officer is expected to:
- Provide substantial support and oversight to the overall project cycle management, administration, and execution of varied and inter-related operational activities.
- Ensure high quality, accuracy and accountability of the work performed.
- Promote a client, quality, and results-oriented approach.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues in various units and sub-offices of OCHA South Sudan, as well as in other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent and quality service delivery.
- Provides support in the allocation and financial management processes of the Humanitarian Fund:
- Provides support in implementing the financial aspects of the Humanitarian Financing Accountability Framework.
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing on financial monitoring within OCHA and the Humanitarian Financing implementing partners
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing on financial monitoring within OCHA and the Humanitarian Financing implementing partners.
- Ensures proper monitoring and reporting.
- Achieve Results:-LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively:-LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously:-LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility :-LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner:-LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion:-LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
- UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Cross-Functional -Strategic Thinking-Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions.
- Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forward look like for UNDP.
- Cross-Functional-Knowledge Generation-Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
- Cross-Functional-Communication-Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Cross-Functional-Customer Satisfaction/Client Management-Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Cross-Functional-Effective Decision Making-Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources.
- Technical/ External Relations and Advocacy/ Communications-Advocacy strategy and implementation
- Ability to create and implement advocacy strategies which lead to impactful change
- Technical/ External Relations and Advocacy/ Communications-Writing and editing
- Ability to create and/or edit written content in different UN languages.
- Provides technical support to sectors as requested.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of contacts with other UN agencies, NGOs, other humanitarian actors, and relevant government counterparts.
- Supports sectors to improve the efficiency of the humanitarian response through effective analyses to improve humanitarian access.
- Master’s degree preferable in Finance, Business Management, Accounting, Economics or related field in required. or First University degree (Bachelor) with 2 additional years of related work experience in lieu of the master’s degree
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience with bachelors. No year of experience is required for master’s degree in finance holders and accounting/administration, crisis/emergency program management or other related area, preferably with at least two years with a UN organization or an NGO.
- Experience with auditing and/or financial spot-check of partners is an advantage.
- Very good analytical and writing skills are required, as is experience with project budgeting and proposal writing.
- Experience and knowledge of accounting system, procurement, human resources management is desirable.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs