UNDP Peacebuilding Advisor Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.undp.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNDP Vacancies 2023 for Peacebuilding Advisor Jobs in Juba Location.
UNDP Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNDP job opportunity portal for the post of Peacebuilding Advisor. Peacebuilding Advisor Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.undp.org before the last date which is 05/04/2023.
Peacebuilding Advisor Jobs at UNDP Details
|Recruiter Name||UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)|
|Name of Vacancy||Peacebuilding Advisor Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Peacebuilding Advisor Jobs Description
Two peace agreements aimed at putting an end to prolonged political crises and conflicts have been signed– the 2015 Agreement on the Resolution of the Conflict in South Sudan (ACRSS), and the 2018 Revitalized Agreement on the Resolution of the Conflict in South Sudan (R-ACRSS), respectively. Due to the delay in the implementation of the 2018 Peace agreement, a Roadmap to fast-track the implementation was signed with all parties to the Peace Agreement in August 2022.
A Revitalized Transitional Government of National Unity (R-TGoNU) was formed in February 2020 as provided in the R-ARCSS, which marked a renewed hope of setting South Sudan on the path towards peace and development. The R- ARCSS provided for the establishment of the Ministry of Peacebuilding in the Republic of South Sudan under Governance Cluster, Chapter 1, Article 1.10.1 (126.96.36.199).
The Ministry of Peace Building is mandated to create and implement policies and structures that promote peace, nonviolence, dialogue, reconciliation, and social cohesion, as well as to prevent and respond to psychosocial issues and trauma healing amongst South Sudanese communities.
The Vision of the Ministry of Peace Building is a peaceful, democratic, stable, and diverse society that guarantees human rights, social justice, and freedom for all, and where conflicts are settled through dialogue.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide technical advice to the Government through the Ministry of Peace Building of South Sudan:
- To fully operationalize the South Sudan Strategic Peacebuilding Framework, the National Strategic Action Plan against Hate Speech and the National Peacebuilding Policy;
- Provide technical support in the effective and efficient implementation of the Ministry’s 2023 annual workplan with UNDP and other international partners;
- Provide technical advisory services and support on conflict prevention, peacebuilding, and risk mitigation.
2. Provide technical support the process of placing South Sudan on the Agenda of the United Nations Peacebuilding Commission (PBC):
- To support setting up of, and ensuring the effective functioning of the Joint Steering Committee and the Technical Working Group on Peacebuilding Coordination;
- To strengthen the overall technical capacity of the Ministry of Peacebuilding to effectively deliver on is mandate and functions.
3. Develop context-specific training for local peacebuilding actors including women, youth and chiefs and elders:
- Lead the design, operationalization and implementation of project activities that relate to conflict prevention and risk mitigation efforts, including potential interventions around strengthening dialogue, inclusion and trust-building including in different recovery clusters, as relevant;
- Provide advice and practical support in ensuring that programming is conflict sensitive, and fine-tuned to the context and implementation environment;
- Contribute to the preparation of concept notes, project proposals and other project documents.
- Support the Ministry of Peace Building senior leadership on engagements with national actors on peacebuilding matters; accompany these engagements as needed;
- Facilitate mapping and identifying opportunities for strategic partnerships with UNCT, donors, I/NGOs, CSOs, think tanks and the private sector;
- Develop and strengthen relationships with national and local actors, and especially civil society, academia, local government organizations, women’s groups and youth groups engaged in conflict prevention/ peacebuilding work and support the design and facilitation of national multi-stakeholder processes as necessary;
- Participate in and contribute to relevant meetings as requested; debrief senior management on critical issues that may undermine peace and stability.
- Facilitate capacity development support to the Ministry of Peace Building staff on conflict sensitivity, conflict prevention, conflict mediation and peacebuilding approaches;
- Establish and facilitate a process of reflection and learning and strategic adaptation of project implementation;
- Facilitate a process of reflection and learning and strategic adaptation of strategic plan implementation at the Ministry of Peacebuilding.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 3: Set and align challenging, achievable objectives for multiple projects, have lasting impact;
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 3: Proactively mitigate potential risks, develop new ideas to solve complex problems;
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 3: Create and act on opportunities to expand horizons, diversify experiences;
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 3: Proactively initiate and champion change, manage multiple competing demands;
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 3: Think beyond immediate task/barriers and take action to achieve greater results;
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 3: Political savvy, navigate complex landscape, champion inter agency collaboration;
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 3: Appreciate benefits of diverse workforce and champion inclusivity.
Cross functional & technical competencies
- Partnerships Management: Ability to build and maintain partnerships With Wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies.
2030 Agenda: Engagement & Effectiveness
- Effectiveness: Programming principles & standards and development effectiveness principles.
2030 Agenda: Peace
- Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding and Responsive Institutions: Conflict Prevention.
2030 Agenda: Peace
- Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding and Responsive Institutions: Conflict Analysis and conflict sensitivity.
2030 Agenda: Peace
- Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding and Responsive Institutions: Dialogue, Mediation and Reconciliation.
2030 Agenda: Peace
- Effectiveness: Quality assurance of corporate data.
2030 Agenda: Peace
- Master’s degree in Conflict Management, International Relations, Peace Studies, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Political Sciences, Conflict Resolution or other related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with additional 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years (Master’s degree) or 7 years (Bachelor’s degree) of cumulative relevant field experience, a significant part of which would be from countries in crisis and conflict contexts.
- Experience in conflict prevention, peacebuilding, and conflict sensitive development in conflict/post conflict context;
- Experience in context of the Republic of South Sudan, ideally on the peace process is an asset;
- Experience providing technical and advisory support to national government in a crisis context is preferred;
- Experience in capacity building with local/national organizations is desirable;
- Strong communication skills with experience writing reports and proposals under tight deadlines;
- Experience networking with a broad range of stakeholders ideally in crisis contexts including UN partners, government, and peacebuilding community.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential. Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs