UNDP Programme Finance Analyst Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.undp.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNDP Vacancies 2023 for Programme Finance Analyst Jobs in Juba Location.
UNDP Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNDP job opportunity portal for the post of Programme Finance Analyst. Programme Finance Analyst Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.undp.org before the last date which is 24/08/2023.
Programme Finance Analyst Jobs at UNDP Details
|Recruiter Name||UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)|
|Name of Vacancy||Programme Finance Analyst Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Programme Finance Analyst Jobs Description
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system;
- CO Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with office management;
- Supports the Implementation of cost sharing and trust fund agreements.
Provides support to CO programme management, ensures the optimal cost recovery focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Development and follow up on Programme Portfolio Pipeline and Project Tree in Quantum or any other ERP accordingly. Entry of data of new grants into Quantum or any other ERP accordingly in the form of Annual Work Plans (AWPs), monitoring of AWPs status;
- Programme Financial resources management through planning, guiding, controlling of the resources;
- Preparation and monitoring of development projects’ budgets, modifications, budgetary status versus ASL, follow up with HQs on ASL for development projects, maintenance of the General Ledger.
Regular monitoring of the CO delivery focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of the information/reports on the situation/status in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, proposal of solutions;
- Accuracy verification of Combined Delivery Reports and follow-up on their signing by both UNDP and National Counterparts;
- Provision of advice on reporting;
- Preparation of reports including donor reports;
- Verification and reconciliation of various expenditures reports from the CO, HQ and Executing Agencies;
- Timely preparation of DPC tables as well as action in Atlas, implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery;
- Monitoring of NEX/NIM advances and provision of researched information for the audit of NEX/NIM projects, implementation of audit recommendations;
- As part of the Quality Assurance of programme implementation, conducts spot checks to identify anomalies and implement remedial actions. Periodic monitoring of dashboards and exceptions, identification of the remedial actions in coordination with the supervisor;
- Supports in Operational and Financial Closure of projects and clearing outstanding balances/open items.
Provides support to implementation of the resources mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Drafting of cost sharing and trust fund agreements and obtaining of clearances from HQ if necessary;
- Monitoring of cost-sharing contributions, preparation and uploading of all supporting documents in DMS-Revenue;
- Pipeline management;
- Advice to Programme and Project Staff on different donor reporting requirements; monitoring of financial reports to be submitted to donors.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Guidance to the executing/implementing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources;
- Develop capacities of implementing partners in programme financial management particularly in ensuring proper record keeping and accountability of funds;
- Advice to Project staff on UNDP administrative and NEX/NIM reporting, in particular, on budgetary issues;
- Organization of training for the Operations/Project/Programme Staff on programme finance management ;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in programme and programme finance;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Accounting: knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, frameworks, standards, regulations, policies and trends, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations.
Financial planning and budgeting: Ability to create and manage processes to achieve UNDP’s long and short-term financial goals, including through planning, budgeting, forecasting, analyzing and reporting.
Financial reporting and analysis: Understand changes in regulatory, legal and ethical frameworks and standards for financial reporting in the public sector. Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring. Understands the benefits of integrated reporting, including non-financial resources such as human, social and intellectual capital, and environmental and governance performance.
Due diligence management: Ability to conduct a comprehensive appraisal of an organization or opportunity to be undertaken by a prospective investor or partner, especially to establish its assets and liabilities, as well as evaluate the potential opportunity and its related risks; knowledge of respective methodology and tools.
Financial communication and impact: Ability to report financial information clearly to non-finance leaders, including to various governing bodies such as the Executive Board. Willingness to make,communicate and implement difficult decisions based on accurate evidence and reflecting varied advice/viewpoints.
- Understands how to clearly communicate sometimes complex financial information to others using easy-to-understand media and language;
- Challenges effectively and gives and receives constructive feedback;
- Negotiates effectively to ensure optimum balance between best outcomes and best value for public funds
Communication : Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Resource Management: Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical way in line with principles of accountability and integrity.
- Masters’ degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Public Administration;
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum two (2) years of progressively responsible financial management or accounting experience is required, with knowledge of programme or project finance;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages,;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS required.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs