UNDP Project Associate Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.undp.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNDP Vacancies 2023 for Project Associate Jobs in Juba Location.
UNDP Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNDP job opportunity portal for the post of Project Associate. Project Associate Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.undp.org before the last date which is 11/05/2023.
Project Associate Jobs at UNDP Details
|Recruiter Name||UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)|
|Name of Vacancy||Project Associate Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Project Associate Jobs Description
- Working in existing and new conflict clusters, Peace and Community Cohesion Phase II Project (PaCC II) support the central and subnational governments and authorities to; a) establish and enhance the capacity of peace infrastructures to manage conflicts peacefully; b) deepen social, cultural and economic cohesion among communities to foster healing, reconciliation and peaceful coexistence; c) empower citizens, with added emphasis on women, youth and other marginalized groups for voice, agency and participation in governance and peacebuilding initiatives and demand accountability; d) implement legal, policy and civilian frameworks on small arms and light weapons; and e) promote conflict sensitive access, use and control of natural resources by pastoral and farming communities in targeted conflict clusters.
- The program works in seven conflict clusters across the 10 states and administrative areas of South Sudan.
- The program has offices presence in Kwajok, Aweil, Torit, Rumbek, Malakal, Bor, Bentiu and Juba. It also works through a network of over 30 civil society organizations as well as seven Government counterparts.
- The program therefore requires the services of a travel and logistics associate to support the field offices, conferences workshop and meetings
- Prepare and send travel packages (including logistics note, invitation and authorization letters) for training and workshop participants including local and national consultants.
- Follow-up of Travel Claim (F-10s) submission of participants travel.
Ensure full compliance of UN/UNDP rules and regulations, policies, and strategies on travel management
- Adhere to UNDP travel rules and procedures on issuing tickets to staff members according to the new Travel and Expense (T&E) Module
- Check the Travel requests against the Travel rules and regulations and process the Travel Requests, Expense Requests (ER), in accordance with the justified entitlements.
- Checks the F10 Claims and Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculations for accuracy against the applicable DSA for concerned locations,
- Provide travelling staff with travel related information, entitlements and travel literary.
- Coordination of, and assistance with, travel arrangements and process travel and expenditure claims for especially field office staff.
Ensures Timely Payment of the Travel Entitlements to PaCC Staff and Consultants
- Issue the TR prior to the travel and issue the ER upon completion of travel and submission of the supporting document. Timely follow up with travelers for providing the supporting documents.
- Issue Advance payment request to Finance for Official Business Travel for consultants
- Follow up with Finance Unit if there are delays in the payment of entitlement. Support the Finance staff in trouble-shooting the T&E Module technical glitch to the extent possible.
- Carry out periodic review of the pending travel entitlements and process them for payment.
Organization of PaCC meetings, workshop, conference, and Events
- Support the organization of PaCC meetings and Events and workshops
- Conduct procurement processes for events as required.
- Prepare and maintain list of participants to events
- Share event materials and documentation with event participants
- Coordinate event services with relevant providers
- Ensure proper technical set-up is in place for virtual/hybrid events
- Organization of initial stages of procurement processes in line with procurement guidelines and in consultation with procurement focal points.
- Supporting organization of workshops, conferences, retreats, and provide logistical support at events and meetings, if necessary.
- Ensure timely payment for vendors including follow up on offsite payments.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Knowledge building and sharing and sound contributions to UNDP knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Project management and Administrative Support for PaCC
- Provide support to administrative tasks as required
- Support the recruitment of personnel and procurement of goods and services ensuring compliance with the applicable UNDP rules & regulations
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with UNDP-specific rules, regulations, and processes in managing travel arrangements, procurement, etc.; as well as donor requirements and audit recommendations.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Secondary education with at least 6 years of experience in travel services, organization of events, administrative services, or finance
- A bachelor’s degree in administration, Hospitality, Tourism Management, or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with Secondary education (or 2 years with bachelor’s degree) in travel services, organization of events, administrative services or finance.
- Administration and travel systems and applications experience.
- Experience in organizing high level international events is an asset
- Experience in procurement is an advantage
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in other UN languages is an asset.
- Experience with UNDP policies, procedures and practices particularly in relation to project management
- Working experience in an international organization is an advantage
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs