UNDP Project Manager Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.undp.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNDP Vacancies 2023 for Project Manager Jobs in Juba Location.
UNDP Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNDP job opportunity portal for the post of Project Manager. Project Manager Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.undp.org before the last date which is 11/08/2023.
Project Manager Jobs at UNDP Details
|Recruiter Name||UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)|
|Name of Vacancy||Project Manager Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Project Manager Jobs Description
One of the key benchmarks of the Revitalized Agreement for the Resolution of Conflict in South Sudan (R-ARCSS) signed in 2018 is the conduct of elections. These will be South Sudan’s first elections as a sovereign state. The Government of South Sudan has formally requested the United Nations to provide electoral assistance recognizing the need to begin planning and preparations for the elections, including establishing the legal framework, reconstitution of the National Elections Commission (NEC), and working with political parties, civil society and the media in raising public awareness and creating conditions for inclusive participation of citizens.
UN electoral assistance in South Sudan is led by the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) in collaboration with UNDP and other UN agencies. An integrated electoral assistance team has been established within which UNDP has set up the South Sudan Electoral Support Project. The Project seeks to strengthen national institutions, platforms and processes for credible, transparent, peaceful and inclusive electoral processes with the following outcomes:
- Establishment of an enabling legal framework for free, fair and inclusive elections supported.
- Strengthened institutional capacities for professional, transparent and accountable election management.
- Inclusive participation fostered through enhanced rights and access to information.
- Enhanced environment for maintaining security and mitigating violence during elections.
- Strengthened effectiveness in planning and implementing electoral processes for all citizens.
The Project will provide support to several institutions including the reconstituted National Elections Commission (NEC) and Political Parties Council (PPC) and work closely with relevant Ministries, UNMISS, UN agencies and Civil Society Organizations including women, youth and persons with disability organizations among others.
The UNDP Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) leads the Project and acts as Deputy of the UN integrated electoral assistance team. Within the Project, support for the timely implementation of project activities in compliance with UNDP rules and regulations is provided through a Project Management Unit (PMU).
Against this background, UNDP is recruiting a Project Manager (P4) to manage the Project Management Unit. The Project Manager will report directly to the Chief Technical Advisor and work closely and collaboratively with colleagues in the UNDP Country Office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Manager will ensure effective project administration and implementation in support of the elections.
Summary of key functions:
- Leads the Project Management Unit (PMU) ensuring project administration and implementation are aligned with UNDP policies and guidelines.
- Ensures effective implementation of project activities through management of project financial resources and timely management of procurement, administrative and logistical processes.
- Supports the mobilization of resources and reporting to the Project Board/Steering Committee
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing with project partners.
Leads the Project Management Unit (PMU) ensuring project administration and implementation are aligned with UNDP policies and guidelines.
- Ensures that the project is in full compliance of operations with UNDP rules, regulations and policies.
- Ensures implementation of corporate operational strategies, establishment of targets and monitoring achievement of results.
- Successfully manages project operational support by provision of advice on strategies, policies and plans affecting project operations based on business principles.
- Provides strategic oversight of planning, budgeting, implementing and monitoring of the project.
- Prepares, reviews and adapts project Annual Work Plans, including human resources and procurement plans, in line with Project’s Activity Matrix and Results Framework and compliant with UNDP’s Rules and Regulations.
- Manages partnership and contract arrangements with government counterparts and responsible/implementing partners for project implementation.
- Ensures quality and timely preparation of results-focused and accountability reports (quarterly, bi-annually, annually and final, as required) and ad-hoc updates if and when requested and Quantum updates in line with donor agreement and UNDP programme and project management guidelines and ensure timely submission.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the project’s risk management framework in line with UNDP’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) policy.
- Ensures quality and timely planning, conduct of and follow up on project oversight and governance initiatives and recommendations – project reviews, audits, monitoring missions, evaluations and project board meetings.
- Ensures implementation of adaptive management approaches, conflict and gender sensitivity in the project.
- Ensures knowledge sharing with regards to management and operations within the projects and integrates it into CO learning plans; ensuring coordination with HR for operations trainings, synthesis of lessons learnt/best practices, and sound contributions to UNDP knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ensures the application of the CO internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Finance, Human Resources Management, Procurement, Administrative services and Results Management.
- Sets and monitors targets for Project operational efficiency and ensures the constant monitoring and analysis of the Project operating environment.
- Ensures projects knowledge-building based on the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning programming or the projects documents.
Ensures effective implementation of project activities through management of project financial resources and timely management of procurement, administrative and logistical processes.
- Supervises and provides guidance to project team members working in the areas of finance, procurement, administration, logistics and grants management.
- Contributes to the design and formulation of AWP activities and interventions, as per goals, outcomes and outputs as defined in the project document, on the basis of lessons learned and with the input of innovative approaches.
- Proper project planning, expenditures tracking, reporting and audit of financial resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Performance as Project Manager (as delegated) in Quantum for financial transactions approvals.
- Works in coordination with Country Office PMSU to ensure proper management and accounting for contributions to the Facility ensuring that the money due to the project is properly identified, consistently and uniformly classified, recorded on a timely basis and received.
- Ensures strategic and efficient management of financial resources of the Project.
- Analyzes and ensures alignment of project budget with Activity Matrix and Results Framework.
- Provides technical and managerial advice on the development of systems, processes and mechanism to support discretionary fund distribution, monitoring and accountability.
- Monitors achievement of the financial targets. Monitors budget execution rates and provide continuous feedback and advice to CTA and Country Office on rate of financial delivery. Ensure that financial plans are in place and regularly updated.
- Oversight of timely accounting and reconciliation of all project transactions.
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions.
- Ensures the financial integrity of the project through appropriate controls and reporting structures; works in coordination with Country Office PMSU for efficient and effective DIM project audit exercises.
- Ensures the effective application of cost-recovery (including DPC) systems for the services provided by the Country Office to the project.
- All financial transactions are identified, recorded and verified in compliance with IPSAS as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures.
- Leads the preparation of the annual human resources and procurement plans, as part of the AWP, and ensures the timely procurement of goods and services.
- Leads and ensures timely organization and implementation of audits according to agreed schedule and monitors the follow-up and implementation of audit recommendations.
- Project adherence with UNDP rules and regulations for its submissions to the Country Office to ensure quality management of the project procurement processes for the supply of goods, works and services.
- Management of project assets ensuring full compliance with IPSAS in the accounting for procurement, utilization and disposal of the project assets.
Supports the mobilization of resources and reporting to the Project Board/Steering Committee.
- Supports the drafting of donor agreements where applicable.
- Monitors and ensures project compliance with donor agreements and their reporting requirements.
- Contributes to the preparation of progress updates and presentations to the Project Board/Steering Committee.
- Ensures timely reporting, including financial reporting, from project partners and sub-contractors.
- Participates in meetings of the Project Board/Steering Committee.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing with project partners
- Supports inter-team coordination and knowledge sharing.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices from the project to feed in to project contribution to ROAR, Annual Reports, and other documents as required.
- Organizes training on UNDP processes for project team members, implementing partners and potential contractors.
- Organizes training on UNDP processes for counterparts at national and local levels.
- Contributes to the development and dissemination of knowledge products in line with the approved project document.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 3: Set and align challenging, achievable objectives for multiple projects, have lasting impact.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 3: Proactively mitigate potential risks, develop new ideas to solve complex problems.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 3: Create and act on opportunities to expand horizons, diversify experiences.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 3: Proactively initiate and champion change, manage multiple competing demands.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 3: Think beyond immediate task/barriers and take action to achieve greater results.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 3: Political savvy, navigate complex landscape, champion inter-agency collaboration.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 3: Appreciate benefits of diverse workforce and champion inclusivity.
People Management (Insert below standard sentence if the position has direct reports.)
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies:
Business Management – Result Based Management
- Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results.
Business Management – Resource Management
- Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical way in line with principles of accountability and integrity.
Business Management – Portfolio Management
- Ability to select, prioritize and control the organization as programmes and projects, in line with its strategic objectives and capacity.
- Ability to balance the implementation of change initiatives and the maintenance of business-as-usual, while optimizing return on investment.
Business Management – Partnerships Management
- Ability to engage with other agencies, donors and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships.
Business Direction and Strategy – System Thinking
- Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system.
2030 Agenda: Peace – Governance
- Electoral Cycle Support
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum 7 years of experience in managing projects or programmes.
- Experience managing substantive projects and staff is required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of spreadsheet, database packages and web-based financial and administrative management systems is desired.
- Experience in the usage of computers and Microsoft Office software package (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of UNDP procedures, rules and regulations for project/programme implementation is an advantage.
- Experience working on electoral support projects is an advantage.
- Experience working in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments is an advantage.
- Proficiency in oral and written English
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs