UNDP Public Information & Reporting Analyst Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.undp.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNDP Vacancies 2023 for Public Information & Reporting Analyst Jobs in Juba Location.
UNDP Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNDP job opportunity portal for the post of Public Information & Reporting Analyst. Public Information & Reporting Analyst Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.undp.org before the last date which is 15/08/2023.
Public Information & Reporting Analyst Jobs at UNDP Details
|Recruiter Name||UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)|
|Name of Vacancy||Public Information & Reporting Analyst Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Public Information & Reporting Analyst Jobs Description
This position-specific job opening is being published for the positions of Public Information Officer / Reporting in Juba (the duty station may be subject to change, as the operational situation in the country evolves), South Sudan. Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Head of Office, OCHA South Sudan, the incumbent report to the Information Management Officer / Head of Unit.
The Public Information and Reporting Officer will work under the guidance of the Deputy Head of Office and direct supervision of the Public Information Officer/Head of the Communications in South Sudan.
- The Public Information and Reporting Officer will be responsible for the preparation of reports and public information products as follows:
- Prepares/contributes to the preparation of written reports, briefings, talking points, funding appeals, background papers, presentations and other documents. In collaboration with the humanitarian country team, supports humanitarian advocacy at the national level, and contributes to global advocacy campaigns.
- Supports humanitarian communication activities facilitating participation of national NGOs and other relevant national stakeholders.
- Supports the planning and organization of activities to promote media coverage (e.g. press conferences, press releases, interviews, media seminars and other special activities) of priority issues and/or major events, to include pro-active media outreach efforts, disseminating materials relevant for the press, drafts responses to media inquiries and other information requests, undertaking appropriate follow-up action incl. analyzing and reporting on the impact of coverage.
- Liaises with media, particularly national and local media outlets, and communities, esp. women’s groups, to build and maintain a strong network with local journalists, relevant social media influencers, community members. Monitors local traditional and digital media, and community activities for content relevant to the humanitarian situation in South Sudan.
- Supports/plans and conducts travel to field locations to organize outreach activities and/or create public information products the humanitarian situation and impact on people, including collecting and writing stories and audio-visual material depicting affected communities. Ensures their dissemination amongst, as appropriate, media, national and other relevant stakeholders.
- Contributes to strategic social media content and social media plan. Identifies stories/activities to highlight through social media producing content for local, regional and global OCHA social media channels. Tracks and analyses social media trends suggesting ways to improve digital engagement and followers.
- Produces and adapts multimedia content – photos, videos, animations.
- Supports the implementation of South Sudan’s overall communications strategy to engage key audiences around priority issues and/or major events.
- Coordinates the inputs and/or articles from partners for publications that OCHA issue in relation to humanitarian work.
- Compiles and processes data/information from a wide variety of sources and prepare a range of reports and humanitarian briefings for public dissemination.
- Prepares, on the basis of official UN documentation and other sources, initial drafts of articles or chapters for inclusion in UN newsletters, periodicals, reports and books.
- Updates and maintains contact information and mailing lists.
- Provides detailed and accurate minutes of coordination meetings as required.
- The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience
Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches
- Achieve Results:-LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively:-LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously:-LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility :-LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination:-LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner:-LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion:- LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Information Management & Technology -Solutions Architecture-Ability to design and manage the Information system architecture supporting corporate business processes. Design integration strategies and approaches to integrate of one or more applications or services to maintain a coherent and effective IT architecture. Knowledge of ISO 20000 and IT operations. The Open Group TOGAF9 or Open CA, ITIL Master certification, or DevOps or similar certification desirable.
- Information Management & Technology -Data Management & Analytics-Knowledge in data management, data sciences, ability to structure data, develop dashboard and visualization. Design data warehouses, data lakes or data platforms concepts. Familiarity with Machine leaning natural language processing or generation and the use of artificial intelligence to support predictive analytics. CDMP or TOGAF9 or equivalent certification desirable.
- Information Management & Technology – IT Continuity and Disaster Recovery-Ability to advise on IT continuity and disaster recovery. Knowledge of ISO 22301 an asset.
- Information Management & Technology -IT Customer Support-Ability to support l customers on IT related issues and generate and contribute to continuous improvement processes to deliver a great user experience. Knowledge of ISO 9001 desirable. ITIL certification or similar is desirable.
- Information Management & Technology- Network, Communication, and Infrastructure Management- Ability to develop/integrate/operate/manage IT network, communications, Cloud or on-premises infrastructure, and new technologies like IoT. Cisco CCIE CCNP or similar is desirable.
- Business Management -Customer Satisfaction/Client Management- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. · Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. · Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. · Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Advanced University Degree (masters or equivalent) in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Humanitarian Affairs, Sociology, Political Science, International Studies, International Law, Humanities, Development or related field. Or
- A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Advanced University Degree (masters or equivalent) or 2 years (with bachelor’s degree) of in a similar position with an international or national organization engaged in relief/development/peace work in South Sudan, or equivalent experience with a media organization covering humanitarian/development/peace issues.
- Proven ability to work as a team member is an asset.
- Proven strong writing and drafting skills is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure is desirable.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multi-skilled tasks is an asset.
- Proven experience in media relations in South Sudan and strong network amongst national and local journalist.
- Proven experience in experience in community outreach and social media influencers relevant to South Sudan is a strong asset.
- Experience with crisis communications is desirable.
- Experience in the UN common system is desirable.
- Experience in video editing is desirable. Experience in video editing is desirable.
English is one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs