UNDP Strategic Coordination Officer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.undp.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNDP Vacancies 2023 for Strategic Coordination Officer Jobs in Juba Location.
UNDP Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNDP job opportunity portal for the post of Strategic Coordination Officer. Strategic Coordination Officer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.undp.org before the last date which is 27/05/2023.
Strategic Coordination Officer Jobs at UNDP Details
|Recruiter Name||UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)|
|Name of Vacancy||Strategic Coordination Officer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Strategic Coordination Officer Jobs Description
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Strategic Coordination/Deputy Head of Office (Operations) and under the overall guidance of the Head of Field Coordination, the National Field Officer will be responsible for supporting and strengthening the capacities of the Government of South Sudan and humanitarian agencies to prepare for mitigate and respond to humanitarian emergencies in South Sudan.
The National Humanitarian Affairs Officer (NHAO) will contribute to OCHA South Sudan’s collective efforts to improve humanitarian access. The incumbent will engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure that their perspectives are considered and incorporated in designing Humanitarian Access planning frameworks and policy.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
In this section list up to five primary functions/accountabilities of the position (Typically one sentence each) and examples of duties that must be performed to successfully accomplish key responsibilities.
- Support the Head of Strategic Coordination in serving as the key focal point within the humanitarian system for NGOs, UN agencies and Government partners within the assigned geographical area of responsibility. Be informed and able to represent the interests of humanitarian actors within a given state or sector and advise on humanitarian priorities and principles.
- Build collaborative and effective relationships with all actors, both humanitarian and non-humanitarian, to ensure that all available resources and actors are ready to support humanitarian operations when necessary.
- Monitor and track all new humanitarian incidents. Document all developments and share through verbal or written reports/briefings with field-level; implementing partners and the OCHA Head of Field Coordination in Juba. Support the collection of field information to improve coordination activities and effectively map areas of humanitarian needs and response activities. Contribute to the development of reporting and public information products through preparation of weekly internal field reports.
- Support the OCHA office by participating in, as needed, the preparation and hosting of high-level field visits and missions and assessments, lessons learned and evaluations. Work in close collaboration with Government authorities and seek opportunities to increase the humanitarian capacity of local authorities.
- Ensure the use of gender-sensitive needs assessment, needs analysis and response strategy development. Promote the use of the interagency agreed guidelines, sphere standards, criteria of intervention, and checklists agreed at inter sector level.• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Sub Office of the Head of Field Coordination.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Master degree with no years of experience or Bachelor Degree with 2 years’ experience in Social sciences.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position with an international organization engaged in relief and development work in South Sudan.
- Experience in conducting humanitarian assessments and in implementing humanitarian programs. Experience with humanitarian coordination, preferably in leadership roles.
- Experience working with Government of South Sudan humanitarian counterparts and capacity building. Understanding of humanitarian operations and principles;
- Ability to communicate clearly with a demonstrated openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of actors under significant time and logistical constraints and deliver results;
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint), E-Mail programmes (Lotus Notes preferred or MS Outlook),
- Internet search machines and responsible virus free internet usage.; knowledge of handling GPS receivers and Thuraya phone will be an added advantage..
Expected Demonstration of Competencies
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Cross-Functional – Strategic Thinking Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions.
Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forward look like for UNDP.
Cross-Functional – Knowledge Generation Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
Cross-Functional – Communication Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Cross-Functional – Customer Satisfaction/Client Management Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests.
Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
Cross-Functional – Effective Decision Making Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources.
Technical/ External Relations and Advocacy/ Communications – Advocacy strategy and implementation Ability to create and implement advocacy strategies which lead to impactful change
Technical/ External Relations and Advocacy/ Communications – Writing and editing Ability to create and/or edit written content in different UN languages.
Candidates selected pursuant to this vacancy may be subject to UNDP’s policy on Probation upon assignment.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs