UNDP UN Clinic Physician Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.undp.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNDP Vacancies 2023 for UN Clinic Physician Jobs in Juba Location.
UNDP Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNDP job opportunity portal for the post of UN Clinic Physician. UN Clinic Physician Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.undp.org before the last date which is 08/05/2023.
UN Clinic Physician Jobs at UNDP Details
|Recruiter Name||UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)|
|Name of Vacancy||UN Clinic Physician Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
UN Clinic Physician Jobs Description
UNDP has been working in South Sudan for over 30 years. With the formation of the independent Republic of South Sudan in July 2011, UNDP established a Country Office and has staff working all over the country to help build government institutions. UNDP has maintained its presence in South Sudan despite significant challenges in the operating environment by adopting a flexible approach to its work with the Government of South Sudan.
Since the conclusion of the Agreement on the Resolution of Conflict in August 2015, UNDP aims to work in partnership with the Transitional Government of National Unity, non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, community-based organizations, multilateral aid agencies, bilateral donors, academia, media and the private sector.
The overarching aim of UNDP is to support the progress towards peace and reconciliation, early recovery and governance, and towards the new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
What we do
UNDP’s goal is to help creating more resilient communities and reinvigorated local economies; strengthening peace and governance; and empowering women and girls. UNDP South Sudan aims to do this by supporting the Government to manage public finances in an environment of respect for the rule of law, with an accountable government to deliver inclusive economic growth.
The UN clinic provides health services to 5,000 UN agency, fund and programme staff and dependents working in South Sudan
The UN physician will be under the direct supervision of the UN clinic health manager
– UN Volunteers should be provided equal duty of care as extended to all host entity personnel. Host entity support to the UN Volunteer includes, but is not limited to:
– Introductory briefings about the organization and office-related context including security, emergency procedures, good cultural practice and orientation to the local environment.
– Support with arrival administration including setting-up of bank accounts, residence permit applications and completion of other official processes as required by the host government or host entity.
– Structured guidance, mentoring and coaching by a supervisor including a clear workplan and performance appraisal.
– Access to office space, equipment, IT support and any other systems and tools required to complete the objectives of the assignment including a host entity email address.
– Access to shared host entity corporate knowledge, training and learning.
– Inclusion of the volunteer in emergency procedures such as evacuations.
– Leave management.
– DSA for official travel, when applicable
All changes in the Description of Assignment occurring between recruitment and arrival or during the assignment need to be formalized with the United Nations Volunteer Programme.
Undertakes day-to-day clinical duties, e.g. walk-in clinic, emergencies& stabilization of critical patients. Overall supervision, management, coordination clinical operations of the Fever Clinic, Isolation ward during the outbreak/pandemic.
1. Follow up and tracking of the positive cases and direct contacts.
– Undertake day-to-day occupational health duties: pre-placement and periodic medical examinations prepare UN staff for travelling providing immunizations, malaria prophylaxis, travel kits, unless otherwise advice by the UN Health Manager.
– Refers staff to outside specialists as necessary.
– Follows-up with outside specialists
– Provides health education and health promotion programs, with special emphasis to the prophylaxis of the relevant diseases of the outbreak.
– Organizes/Participates in addressing work environment and occupational health issues.
2. Medical Administrative Duties:
– Advises Administration on medical standards for recruitment, sick leave, and medical evacuations/repatriations as per United Nations policies and guidelines.
– Participates in drafting and implementation of business continuity and crises preparedness plans for the duty station/mission.
– Manages/Supports day-to-day operations.
– Deputizes for the UN Health Manager during his/her absence, when applicable.
3. Supervisory Administration of the Fever Clinic:
– Supervises laboratory technicians’ nurses and medical administrative staff; ensures availability of drugs and
medical supplies and proper functioning of medical equipment.
– Ensures appropriate training programs are implemented in order to maintain and develop the medical capabilities (e.g. health education, dedicated training related to the pertaining outbreak) health
education, health promotion and prevention, first aid and CPR).
– Organised the shift roster to ensure coverage of the fever clinic 24/7
– Performs other related duties as required.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
7 years of experience in humanitarian crisis and infectious diseases is highly desirable.
Proven experience of a minimum of one year at an Intensive Care Unit or Emergency Room in the past 5 years is highly desirable, including residency/internship in one of the medical specialties, preferably internal medicine, ICU, Emergency Department or Family Medicine.
Area(s) of expertise
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Arabic, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
Required education level
Master degree or equivalent in Medicine
Competencies and values
– Adaptability and Flexibility
– Client Orientation
– Commitment to Continuous Learning
– Ethics and Values
– Knowledge Sharing
– Planning and Organization
– Working in Teams
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs