UNFPA Administrative Assistant Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.unfpa.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNFPA Vacancies 2023 for Administrative Assistant Jobs in Juba Location.
UNFPA Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNFPA job opportunity portal for the post of Administrative Assistant. Administrative Assistant Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.unfpa.org before the last date which is 25/06/2023.
Administrative Assistant Jobs at UNFPA Details
|Recruiter Name||UNFPA (United Nations Population Fund)|
|Name of Vacancy||Administrative Assistant Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Administrative Assistant Jobs Description
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Administrative Assistant, (Travel and Logistics) is responsible for effective delivery of services, and supports various operational requirements of the CO Operations Unit. He/she applies the admin rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of Admin, Travel and Logistics issues.
He/she delivers quality services to internal and external clients in Travel and Logistics and supports the General Administration and Operations in compliance with all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to applying the rules, procedures and guidelines in providing support to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects.
This position will support the country office with Administrative, (Travel and Logistics) and regulatory compliance related to these in the county office. The incumbent also works in close collaboration with the Administrative and Finance team members in the Operations Department to ensure effective support to the unit.
You would be responsible for:
A. Supporting the Administrative & Logistics Management Functions in the CO
- Adapt and implement Administrative protocols and effective application of UNFPA policies and procedures on logistics management.
- Assist with management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Assistance with maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Assistance with and support to maintenance of common premises and common services
- Prepare Requests For Quotations for related admin and travel requirements of the UNFPA business, evaluate the submissions including negotiations with service providers as appropriate;
- Support the dispatching function for the Country Office and Field Offices and advising staff when procured goods arrive.
- Ensure the checking and timely collection of procured goods and services related to this function.
- Support regular audits on stocks and stores.
- Keep the operations team informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates.
- Participate in and effectively contribute in developing, improving, integrating Administrative systems and applications used for managing logistics, shipping arrangements, enhancing the visibility of the shipments and reporting;
- Assists in the identification, systematization and reporting of good/promising practices and lessons learnt on Administrative management issues.
- Support the operations team in achieving the Country Programme related outcomes
B. Supporting Travel and Logistics Services in the CO
- Collate a database of Travel and Logistics Service Providers
- Organize Long Term Agreements for travel services for UNFPA and related stakeholders
- Manage end-to-end Travel and Logistics Services required for staff and partners of the CO as may be required
- Actively participate in logistics and travel management related meetings with team members and other UN agencies to address performance issues and gaps;
- Actively participate in joint UN / partner activities such as Administrative, Travel and Logistics Cluster in order to identify Travel and Logistics service enhancement areas for UNFPA through those joint initiatives;
- Actively participate and effectively contribute in developing, improving, integrating the systems and applications used for managing Travel and Logistics Services enhancing the visibility of the unit;
- Actively participate in joint solicitation processes conducted by the UN for identifying related service providers and also conduct standalone solicitation processes to identify travel and logistics service providers for UNFPA if required;
C. General Support
- Stand-in for other team members on selected functions as may be required.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Secondary Level Education required
- Diploma or first level university degree desirable in business administration, logistics, travel, logistics, or related field is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in administration, travel, logistics, fleet management or related fields.
- Good knowledge of ATLAS, Quantum, PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset;
- Relevant experience in providing administrative and travel management services
- Knowledge and Experience of Local Travel and Logistics Rules, Institutions, People and Places, is required
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems
- Experience in working with international travel and logistics or business operations is required.
- Administrative Management, or Travel Management Certificates such as IATA is an asset
- A thorough understanding of the UN system in general, and especially UNFPA mandate, its policies and operations and current development topics and political issues in South Sudan will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage. Working knowledge of another UN Official Language, an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity.
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system.
- Embracing cultural diversity.
- Embracing change.
- Achieve results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact.
Functional Skill Set:
- Administrative Management, Communications and Support
- Understanding of Travel and Logistics Issues and Systems in UNFPA
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and workflow
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Managing operational processes
- Job knowledge / technical expertise
- Proficiency in current office software applications; good basic knowledge of Project Management dashboard and software.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs