UNFPA Programme Analyst Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.unfpa.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNFPA Vacancies 2023 for Programme Analyst Jobs in Juba Location.
UNFPA Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNFPA job opportunity portal for tahe post of Programme Analyst. Programme Analyst Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.unfpa.org before the last date which is 22/08/2023.
Programme Analyst Jobs at UNFPA Details
|Recruiter Name||UNFPA (United Nations Population Fund)|
|Name of Vacancy||Programme Analyst Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Programme Analyst Jobs Description
S/he will work to keep UNFPA’s goals on Midwifery in South Sudan high on the agenda of National, State(s) and Local/Country Government/s and of the Local Development Partners; while optimizing the allocation of resources, creating synergies, influencing policies and improving consistency and effectiveness of UNFPA’s work in the area.
Responsibilities:The Programme Analyst, Midwifery will be responsible for:
- General Programming
- In collaboration with Government counterparts, programme advisors/specialist advisers, NGOs and other partners contribute to the formulation and design of the country programme and its AWPs in line with Government priorities and according to UNFPA programme policies and procedures. Ensure quality of programme/project design incorporating lessons learned, newly developed policies and best practices and establishing appropriate execution and monitoring mechanisms and systems.
- Contribute to analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to United Nations programming processes (Common Country Assessment [CCA], United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework [UNSDCFF], Country Programme Development [CPD], as they relate to Safe motherhood/maternal health;;
- Analyze and report on the Midwifery programme and project progress in terms of achieving results, using existing monitoring and evaluation tools and introducing new mechanisms and systems; identify constraints and resource deficiencies and recommend corrective action. Monitor projects expenditures and disbursements to ensure delivery is in line with approved project budgets and to realize targeted delivery levels.
- Expedite and coordinate project implementation establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies facilitating timely and efficientdelivery of projectinputs and addressing training needs of project personnel.
- Help create and document knowledge about current and emerging trends and issues on Midwifery, by analyzing programmes, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies.
- Technical Expertise/Management
- Analyze and interpret the political, social and economic environment relevant to SRH, Maternal and Newborne Health (MNH) and identify opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention. Keep abreast with new policy developments and strategies by analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination and development frameworks.
- Participate in relevant national and sub-national fora, enhancing UNFPA mandate on Midwifery, SRH and MNH
- Ensure increased availability and use of technical information to improve data collection, analysis, and use; with special attention to recent developments in analysis of data from censuses, surveys, statistics, etc
- Create substantive knowledge of Midwifery issues in the country, assesses technical assistance needs in these areas and advise on the suitability of programmes and related interventions to meet these needs
- Support capacity development activities and initiatives towards the professionalization of Midwifery in South Sudan
- Contribute to strengthening of advocacy for Midwifery and MNH in general and family planning in particular
- Contribute to development of appropriate Midwifery and MNH communication strategies and corresponding material
- Advise the ISRHR team in order to ensure that the specific needs of Midwifery and MNH are fully addressed in CO programming.
3.Advocacy and Resource Mobilization and Funds Management
- Assist advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of Country Office by preparing relevant documentation (i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events).
- Develop factsheets, briefing materials, info graphics, and presentations for public information, advocacy and resource mobilization purposes.
- Prepare relevant proposals with Midwifery and MNH components and share information about UNFPA tools for co-financing and funding.
- Build strong technical and programme multi-sectoral partnerships for advocacy for Midwifery and MNH within the broader SRHR agenda through national institutions, networks, alliances and coalitions. Monitor and keep updates on existing and potential partnerships. Follow through and ensure that recommendations and action points agreed to are addressed.
- Prepare and manage relevant budgets; Monitor expenditures to ensure delivery is in line with approved budgets and to realize targeted delivery levels and deliver timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Manage assets that have been procured by the UNFPA and supplied to the implementing partners; ensuring that they are put to properuse.
- Represent UNFPA at key events where required, with regard to UNFPA’s mandate.
4. General Support
- Stand-in for other Programme team members on selected functions as may be required.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience: Education:
- Masters Degree in health, population, demography, social science development, and/or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 3 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of development and population activities;
- Work experience in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health is preferred.
- Training/Experience in Midwifery Education or Policy/Regulatory Environment
- Specialized knowledge and experience in Midwifery is desired;
- Experience in programme/ project management including experience in large multi-sector programmes;
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health and Local Government is desirable.
- Field experience is an asset;
- Prior experience in the UN system is an asset
- Work experience in the UN system and development partners will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage. Working knowledge of another UN Official Language, an asset.
Required Competencies: Values:
- Exemplifying integrity.
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system.
- Embracing cultural diversity.
- Embracing change.
- Achieve results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating forimpact.
Functional Skill Set:
- Training and Experience in Safe motherhood/Midwifery
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ buildingstrategic alliances and partnerships
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Technical Understanding of the areas of work
- Project Management
- Managing financial processes
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs