UNICEF Data Analysis International Consultant Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba . Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.unicef.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNICEF Vacancies 2023 for Data Analysis International Consultant Jobs in Juba Location.
UNICEF Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNICEF job opportunity portal for the post of Data Analysis International Consultant. Data Analysis International Consultant Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.unicef.org before the last date which is 03/05/2023.
Data Analysis International Consultant Jobs at UNICEF Details
|Recruiter Name||UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund)|
|Name of Vacancy||Data Analysis International Consultant Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Data Analysis International Consultant Jobs Description
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
South Sudan is committed to reducing the burden of malaria in the country. The Malaria Indicator Survey (MIS) is a crucial step in understanding the current malaria situation and informing evidence-based policy and programming. The international consultant will provide technical support to the survey team in data analysis and report writing, ensuring high-quality outputs.
Objective: To provide technical assistance in data analysis and report writing for the Malaria Indicator Survey (MIS) in South Sudan.
1. Develop a detailed data analysis plan for the MIS.
2. Assist in developing and reviewing data collection tools and methodologies.
3. Provide guidance on data management procedures.
4. Conduct data analysis using appropriate statistical software and methods.
5. Collaborate with the national consultant and the research team to interpret findings.
6. Lead the preparation of the draft and final MIS reports.
7. Conduct capacity building workshops for national counterparts on data analysis and report writing.
8. Ensure quality control and timely submission of all deliverables.
Work Assignment Overview
Tasks/Milestone: Deliverables/Outputs: Timeline Weighted Percentages
Support Developing of survey tools, manuals and electronic data entry screens in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
1. Survey questionnaires, manuals and electronic data entry screens 29th May – 27th June 2023 2023 (20 days) 10%
Support data module of a training of trainers (ToT) for survey enumerators and supervisors including tools pretesting.
2. ToT report and sub-national training reports, including a list of trained enumerators and supervisors 28th June – 14th July 2023 (5 days) 20%
Supervising the field work, including data collection, cleaning and quality control.
3.Field work report, including a summary of data collection and quality control activities
4. Quality data collected, cleaned and in an electronic MIS dataset produced 17th July – 18th August 2023 (20 Days) 20%
Conducting data analysis, including statistical analysis and interpretation of results.
5.Data analysis report, including statistical tables on all key and sub-level indicators stratified by age, sex, administrative locations and urban/rural 21st August – 13th October 2023 (20 Days) 30%
Writing a report on the results of the survey, including recommendations for future malaria control efforts in South Sudan 6.Final statistical report on the results of the MIS, including recommendations for future malaria control efforts in South Sudan (to be peer reviewed & validated) 15th October – 1st December 2023 (10 Days) 20%
Total 75 Days
Scope of Work:
1. Data analysis plan (15%)
2. Data collection tools and methodologies review (10%)
3. Data management procedures (10%)
4. Data analysis report (30%)
5. Draft and final MIS reports (30%)
6. Capacity building workshops (5%)]
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Minimum Qualifications required: Knowledge/Expertise/Skills required:
• Master’s degree or higher in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field.
• At least 7 years of experience in data analysis and report writing for public health research or surveys, particularly in malaria or other infectious diseases.
• Strong knowledge of statistical software, such as STATA, SAS, or R.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Experience working in resource-limited settings, preferably in Africa.
• Familiarity with the health system and malaria situation in South Sudan is an advantage.
A range of specialized skills:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and report writing.
• In-depth analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent facilitation skills, training skills and ability to organize and implement training.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and proven interpersonal skills.
• Experience in building successful relationships with government counterparts, UN agencies, CSOs and other relevant stakeholders.
• Ability to cope with hardship conditions.
• Knowledge of computer management skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of
- Sustainability (CRITAS)
Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs