UNICEF Internal/External Vacancy Announcement: Construction Engineer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through www.unicef.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNICEF Vacancies 2022 for Internal/External Vacancy Announcement: Construction Engineer Jobs in Juba Location.
UNICEF Jobs in Juba 2022:- New job notification not for UNICEF job opportunity portal for the post of Internal/External Vacancy Announcement: Construction Engineer. Internal/External Vacancy Announcement: Construction Engineer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through www.unicef.org before the last date which is 30/11/2022
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement: Construction Engineer Jobs at UNICEF Details
|Name of Vacancy||Internal/External Vacancy Announcement: Construction Engineer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement: Construction Engineer Jobs Description
For every child, Our future
Organizational Context and Purpose for the job
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Purpose for the job: The Construction Specialist P-3 TA reports to the Construction Engineer P3 as per the Country Office (CO) set-up and is responsible for the coordination of the construction activities. The management of construction projects includes planning, support to procurement, managing construction companies’ contracts, engineering firms’ contracts, support to management of Implementing Partnerships that include construction/rehabilitation components, as well as monitoring of construction works on site. The incumbent collaborates closely with UNICEF Programme/ Operations in defining construction interventions to meet programmatic needs and achieve results for children and provides technical and advisory support to Government and partners on construction project management.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Preparation of construction annual workplan
2. Collaboration with UNICEF Programme and coordination with Government counterparts
3. Preparation of design and technical documents
4. Support to procurement process
5. Contract Management and Monitoring of construction projects
Preparation of construction annual workplan
• Contribute in the development of the annual work plan for the construction activities; determine priorities/targets and performance measurements and monitor work progress to ensure that results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
• Prepare and collect information required for the annual work plan on regular activities, ongoing projects and others in the pipeline.
• Prepare GANTT charts for construction projects and regularly update them.
• Advise on human resources needed to achieve the expected results.
Collaboration with UNICEF Programme and coordination with Government counterparts
• Provide technical backstopping and support in matter of construction project management to Programme/ Operations sections and Government counterparts; contribute with Programme sections in developing child-friendly community infrastructure development program proposals; provide information to Programme on construction related activities to include them in their AWP.
• Provide assistance to Programme /Operations sections through involvement in construction project proposals, planning, and preparation of relevant terms of reference; analyze the project context and suggest the appropriate implementation and procurement modality.
• In collaboration with the Government counterparts, develop and produce innovative cost-effective construction designs using local construction materials; compile and update list of best practices in construction and building design.
• Attend steering and technical cooperation meetings; prepare PPT presentations on projects’ progress; undertake follow-up actions in relation to project implementation and monitoring.
• Provide Programme/Operations sections with information on projects’ progress; undertake appropriate actions to overcome technical obstacles; draft relevant sections of project reports required for donors, management, annual reports, etc.
Preparation of design and technical documents
• Prepare the scope of construction works based on Programme/ Operations requirements, budget and site limitations; define deliverables and payment modality.
• Apply UNICEF norms and standards (child-friendly, accessibility, MOSS, MORSS, etc.) to construction projects, taking into consideration the local environment and available materials; verify if compliance with green building standards is required in coordination with DFAM Field Support Unit.
• Check technical documents related to construction (design drawings, technical specifications and bills of quantities); verify whether they are clear, complete and compliant to programmatic and construction needs, eco-efficiency and accessibility requirements; undertake the actions required to endorse these technical documents by relevant ministries.
• Follow up with the designing firms and government entities for obtaining all permits required for construction activities prior initiating works.
Support to procurement process
• Provide technical support to Supply section with preparation of LPA requests and CRC submissions with supporting documents related to construction activities.
• Conduct surveys to identify potential construction companies and engineering firms available in the local market; prepare terms of reference required for establishing local Long-Term Arrangements for engineering services (design and site supervision).
• Prepare tender documents in relation to construction works and engineering services; attend bidders’ conference and present the technical components of the tender; prepare answers on technical questions raised by the bidders during the tendering.
• Support Supply section in organizing bidders’ conference and site visits; conduct the evaluation of technical proposals received and prepare the evaluation report; provide support to Supply section on the analysis of financial proposals.
Contract Management and Monitoring of construction projects
• Conduct the kick-off meeting of construction works with the construction company, the engineering firm and relevant government counterparts.
• Provide monitoring on construction activities by undertaking regular site visits and conducting regular technical meetings including joint monitoring with relevant Government technical services; follow up progress for each activity per milestones and review site supervision reports to ensure work compliance with norms, standards, and timeline; verify quality and precautions on health and safety standards on ground.
• Use effective monitoring and supervision tools to ensure easily assessment of works quality, progress, and performance of engineering firms and construction companies during the entire duration of the project; apply multi-layered approach to construction supervision and quality assurance; use documented hold and inspection points, where applicable.
• Certify payments/variations and compile supporting documents; monitor construction expenditures and progress certificates; prepare and maintain relevant table for each construction activity.
• Provide support to UNICEF Contract Administrator on contract management, amendments, variations, duration extensions, applying liquidated damages, etc. Ensure all documents/information required for contract management are available, complete and properly archived.
• Participate in the partial, substantial and final reception of works after verifying the correction of all defects during the DLP; prepare and issue relevant certificates.
• Prepare Contract Performance Evaluation; provide support to UNICEF Contract Administrator on contract close-out in VISION; prepare the final completion report and lessons learned for submission to the Construction Unit (SD) and AMS/NYHQ as necessary.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs