UNMISS Air Operations Assistant (Technical Compliance Unit) Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Air Operations Assistant (Technical Compliance Unit) Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Air Operations Assistant (Technical Compliance Unit). Air Operations Assistant (Technical Compliance Unit) Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 13/04/2023.
Air Operations Assistant (Technical Compliance Unit) Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Air Operations Assistant (Technical Compliance Unit) Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Air Operations Assistant (Technical Compliance Unit) Jobs Description
Mission and objectives
Under Resolution 2625 (2022), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2023. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance and free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law:
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
This post is in UNMISS Aviation Section and located in Juba/Bor. He/She will be working with other Air Operations Assistants in TCU dealing with day to day processing/verification of crew & aircraft documents as well as other preparation of reports. The prospective candidate will report to the Chief Technical Compliance Unit, Juba/ Chief Air Region Bor.
Under the direct supervision of Chief, Technical Compliance Unit/Aviation Section (Juba) or Chief Air Region Bor/Aviation Section(Bor), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Receive and verify aircrews licenses, validity of medical certificates, required flying hours, currencies and proficiencies, mandatory trainings, etc. for verification and acceptance.
• Monitor crew rotations, attendance/ hours flown, flight and duty time limitations.
• Identify any discrepancies / omissions in the crews’ paperwork and inform the Chief TCU for immediate action.
• Saving crews paperwork in the SharePoint and Aviation eDatabases.
• Closely monitor the in-coming crews to ensure that they are not included on UNHQ “Persona Non Grata” list.
• Assists Site Managers requesting entry visas to South Sudan, IDs, vehicle passes to UN compounds, with procedural explanations in relation to Aviation Section policies and procedures as required.
• Prepare Movement of Personnel (MOPs) requests of Air Carriers’ workers for endorsement.
• Receive from Air Carriers hard copies of Aircraft Use Reports (AUR’s) and ensure that documents (fuel slips, passenger & cargo manifest and accomplished Air Tasking Orders (ATO) are attached as indicated on the AURs.
• Process AURs and ensure all documentation is in accordance with the scheduled flights to be conducted and in-line with the Mission requirements.
• Assist in preparation of monthly Air Transport Section (ATS) reports and other documents as required in a timely manner.
• Receive invoices, receipts and other documents from Air Carriers and Aviation Military Unit, check that all required documents are submitted and forward to the TCU Budget/Accounting Unit.
• Generate aircraft utilization statistics as required.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief of Technical Compliance Unit(Juba) or Chief Air Region Bor (Bor).
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in Aviation industry related to air transport operations, air traffic control or flight dispatch operations.
General knowledge of Aviation international regulations, ICAO standards and recommended practices is desirable.
Basic certificate using computer software’s and databases.
Experience in the use of VHF and HF radio equipment is desirable.
Driving license for manual/shift stick vehicles is mandatory.
Desirable to have experience in:
• Flight Crew, Cabin Crew or Flight and Ground Engineers
• Air Traffic Control in Civilian or Military
• ICAO Government Inspector for Airworthiness, Flight Ops or Licensing
• Any basic or advance computer software
Area(s) of expertise
Transport, Information technology, Manual labor and skilled trade
Valid driving license for cars with manual transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Arabic, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
Required education level
Technical/vocational diploma in line with Aviation, Air/Flight Operations, Air Traffic Control & Flight Dispatch certificates are desirable.
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organising
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs