UNMISS Air Operations Assistant Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Air Operations Assistant Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Air Operations Assistant. Air Operations Assistant Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 25/08/2023.
Air Operations Assistant Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Air Operations Assistant Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Air Operations Assistant Jobs Description
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
This post is in UNMISS Aviation Section and located in Juba Mission Air Operations Center (MAOC) He/she will be responsible for air operations duties within the state and will report to the Chief Air Operations in Juba through the Chief Aviation Planning Cell Officer.
UNMISS was established in 2011 under the auspices of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO); subsequently, UNMISS mandate has been renewed through resolutions 2057 (2012), 2109 (2013), 2155 (2014), 2187 (2014), 2223 (2015), 2241 (Dec. 2015), 2304 (2016) and 2327 (2016), 2392 (Dec. 2017), 2406 (Mar. 2018), 2459 (Mar. 2019), 2514 (Mar. 2020), 2567 (Mar. 2021), 2625 (Mar. 2022), 2677(Mar. 2023).
Air Operations Assistant reports to the Chief Aviation Planning Cell and or the Chief Air Operations and performs the following duties:
• Carry out the activities of the Planning Cell and ensure that all the activities are conducted in accordance with the published procedures and instructions.
• Attends briefing and coordinates flight schedule with MOVCON for confirmation of its requirements.
• Reviews and assign aviation tasks to the appropriate aircraft and crews in such a manner as to insure safe, efficient, reliable, flexible, and cost effective air support taking into consideration type of aircraft, fuel capacity, and compatibility of landing sites and availability of refueling facilities, contract/ allocated flight hours, maintenance requirements, aircrews rest, compatibility of helipads and combining flights where possible before final submission to Chief Air Operations Officer;
• Ensures that AIMS platform is used for flight task population with all flight aspect including the mitigation measures and other remarks important for the crew full understanding and following the task to its execution.
• Create and disseminate to all relevant parties the updated daily and monthly flight schedules.
• Publish all schedules and schedule changes in their appropriate physical locations and on the MOVCON/Air Ops bulletin board in Lotus Notes. Prepares a consolidated daily flight schedule and distributes it in hard copy and/or electronically to DMS, CSCM, CAVO, etc.
• Receives and review all Air Mission Requests, produces daily and monthly flight schedules. Reviews and clarifies aviation forecast and non-schedule mission requests. Manages special mission and VIP flights.
• Generate Air Tasking Orders that are timely, precise, and effective for publication on the Share Drive.
• Ensures DMS approval for all flights as requested.
• Keeps records and plans for future coming missions.
• Obtains over-flight/ landing clearances for out of mission flights.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the Chief Aviation Planning Cell.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in Aviation industry related to air transport operations, air traffic control or flight dispatch operations.
• General knowledge of Aviation international regulations, ICAO standards and recommended practices is desirable.
• Basic certificate using computer software’s and databases.
Area(s) of expertise
Information technology, Manual labor and skilled trade
Valid driving license for cars with manual transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Arabic, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
Required education level
Technical/vocational diploma in line with Flight Dispatcher, Air Traffic control, Ramp or Airport Airside Operations, Cabin crew, Flight Engineer
certificates are desirable. A minimum of high school diploma is required.
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organising
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs