UNMISS Associate Facility Management Officer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Associate Facility Management Officer Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Associate Facility Management Officer. Associate Facility Management Officer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 02/03/2023.
Associate Facility Management Officer Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Associate Facility Management Officer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Associate Facility Management Officer Jobs Description
Mission and objectives
Under Resolution 2625 (2022), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2023. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance and free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law:
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
The Accommodation Management Unit (AMU) is responsible for implementing policies and procedures relating to the provision of housing for UNMISS and non-UNMISS personnel residing within UNMISS premises. Its services include allocation of transit and permanent accommodation, managing conference room bookings, processing of requests for alteration of UNMISS provided accommodations, distribution of water to offices, ensuring payment of rental rates for UNMISS provided accommodation and use of facilities within UNMISS compounds.
With a high turnover of Mission personnel, especially uniformed personnel and a shortage in available housing, AMU is committed to ensuring prudent management and utilization of accommodation facilities.
The Associate Facilities Management Officer will work under the overall supervision of the Chief Accommodation Management Unit or his/her delegates.
• Contribute with the analysis, review, and improvement of existing practices, policies, procedures and plans to enhance operational activities.
• Contribute with the drafting of AMU related broadcasts, Mission Directives (MDs) and SOPs.
• Brief new staff members and visitors of Rules and Regulations related to the Camp.
• Check accommodation units that require maintenance and liaise with respective sections, especially Engineering Section.
• Coordinate the work of AMU staff assigned for office maintenance as well as the maintenance of the Camp.
• Establish and maintain solid communication and working relationship with AMU stakeholders.
• Organize check in and check out of staff members on official travel or leaving the camp.
• Assist with the preparation of specifications for accommodation’s furniture.
• Prepare and submit accommodation certificates/ occupancy reports to Rent Recovery Cell for timely rent recoveries.
• Prepare reports related to Accommodations.
• Receive and process accommodation requests in a fair and transparent manner.
• Take care of the concerns of the staff accommodated in the camps.
• Verify inventories in accommodation units occupied by staff members and arrange for replacement of missing items.
• Provide and facilitate the Meet and Greet Services include.
– Meet new personnel at the arrival terminal of the Juba International Airport and welcome them in a warm and professional manner.
– Transfer the new arriving personnel to Human Resources Check-In office,
– Book transit accommodation, assist with accommodations check-in and arrange transfer from the airport to the assigned accommodation,
– Provide the welcome pack (containing basic toiletries, tea, coffee, and orientation brochures, list of important contracts, and annotated maps).
– Provide information on mandatory induction training and security briefings.
– Provide guidance on procedures for obtaining a laptop, mobile phone and SIM card, radio, driving permits, Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and ballistics blanket,
– Organize a tour of the important facilities within the camp.
– Provide advice on access to mobile networks and the internet where applicable,
– Introduce new personnel to section focal point.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in facilities management, hotel/house management, general administration, logistics, or related area is required, including 2 years of experience providing facilities management and/or hotel/housing support in an international organization, government or public sector.
• Experience working with PeopleSoft/Oracle based ERP systems is desirable.
• Experience in coordination of administrative support among multiple stakeholders is desirable.
• Experience in supporting VIPs is desirable.
Area(s) of expertise
Facility management, Logistics and Inventory
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Facilities Management, General Administration, House/Hotel Management, Logistics, Management and Organization, and related fields.
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organising
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs