UNMISS Associate Logistics Officer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Associate Logistics Officer Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Associate Logistics Officer. Associate Logistics Officer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 30/03/2023.
Associate Logistics Officer Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Associate Logistics Officer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Associate Logistics Officer Jobs Description
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), Juba. Juba is classified in the “E” category and as a non-family duty station. The Mission Support Centre is responsible for maintaining a robust information management system capable of monitoring key support activities and reporting key support challenges as well as provide analytical data support for resolving those challenges. The Associate Logistics Officer will report to the Chief of Plans Unit in the Mission Support Centre.
Within delegated authority, the Associate Logistics Officer, will be responsible for the following duties:
• Collect, collate, analyze, interpret and disseminate of up-to-date information on the capabilities and status of Mission logistics support assets and the status of major projects and activities.
• Review and analyze daily, weekly and monthly reports from all Unit of Mission Support Centre for any logistics implications/requirements including monitoring of Mission’ s reserve stocks.
• Draft as may be required, standard operating procedures (SOPs), Mission Directives, policy guidance and instructions related to Logistics Support Operations.
• Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
• Prepare logistics summaries, develop dashboards and other data visualization and reporting documentation for management information and decision making.
• Provides logistics support to ongoing air, land, sea, or rail operations in the area.
• Identifies, mobilizes resources, implements and reports on special logistics operations.
• Drafts and coordinates logistics reports, plans and other documents supporting the
implementation of logistics operations, as directed by Unit Chief or Section Chief.
• Drafts and coordinates inputs to logistics reports, presentations, briefing notes, and other information documents required by the management.
• Liaises and coordinates logistics support with other units within the Mission Support Division.
• Liaises and coordinates logistics support with other mission components, such as military, police, security and substantive offices.
• Ensures that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
• Provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
• Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are compiled and updated on a regular basis and report corporate and mission Specific Mission Senior Management.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Unit or Section Chief.
Professionalism – Strong personal initiative and willingness to accept responsibilities; comprehensive grasp of logistics operations and practices; knowledge of data collection methods, data clean up, developing reporting formats, use of data analytical software to mine for insights to predict and prescribe as well as inform decision making using evidence from operational data; ability to deploy to remote locations and to operate independently in austere environment on short notice for limited duration. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
Planning & Organizing – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Public administration, Engineering, Information Technology or other relevant field of study. A first level university degree with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
At least two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in logistics operations in military, commercial or international organizations is required.
Proven experience and ability to draft logistics plans, SOPs, Mission Directives, reports and other documents supporting the implementation of logistics support operations is required.
Experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, political missions and UN agencies, funds, and programs – or similar international organization or non-governmental organization)- in a conflict or post conflict setting is desirable.
Experience conducting information and data gathering, analysis and reporting on complex operational and cross-cutting matters involving several Departments/Sections is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral English is required.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
• This position is temporarily available for 3 months with the possibility of extension. If the selected candidate is a staff member from the United Nations Secretariat, the selection will be administered as a temporary assignment.
• While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
• Subject to the funding source of the position, the eligibility for this temporary job opening may be limited to candidates based at the duty station.
• This temporary job opening may be limited to “internal candidates,” who have been recruited through a competitive examination administered according to staff rule 4.16 or staff selection process including the review of a central review body established according to staff rule 4.15.
• Staff members of the United Nations common system organizations who will reach the mandatory age of separation or retirement within the duration of the current temporary need period are not eligible to apply.Submitting an application or selection for the current temporary job opening does not delay or increase the mandatory age of separation.
• Retirees above the mandatory age of separation who wish to be considered for the current temporary job opening must indicate the reason for their last separation as “retirement.” Such retirees shall not be employed by the Organization, unless (a) the operational requirements of the Organization cannot be met by staff members who are qualified and available to perform the required functions; and (b) the proposed employment would not adversely affect the career development or redeployment opportunities of other staff members and represents both a cost-effective and operationally sound solution to meet the needs of the service.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, United Nations staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the United Nations in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs