UNMISS Associate Movement Control Officer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Associate Movement Control Officer Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Associate Movement Control Officer. Associate Movement Control Officer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 22/08/2023.
Associate Movement Control Officer Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Associate Movement Control Officer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Associate Movement Control Officer Jobs Description
The position is located within the Movement Control Section of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) in Juba. The incumbent reports directly to Movement Control Officer.
Within delegated authority, the Associate Movement Control Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
● Assists in the provision of reliable, cost effective and efficient movement control services for the transportation of passengers and cargo (including dangerous goods requiring special handling) within the area of responsibility.
● Drafts reports for approval by the supervisor for substantive and support elements of a field mission on all aspects of the transportation activities.
● Participates in the preparation of operational plans, performance reports and responses to internal and external audit observations.
● Drafts elements of standard operating procedures for movement control related processes.
● Ensures that quality control procedures are implemented for specific work processes.
● Reviews data recorded in the management information systems for accuracy and validity.
● Contributes to the preparation of cost-effective and efficient transport plans by accessing the modalities of different means of transport, examining the costs and benefits of outsourcing transport functions and their feasibility in operational terms.
● Drafts or reviews short-term air, sea and surface transport contracts
● Liaises with government customs authorities and freight forwarders for the import/export of United Nations owned and contingent-owned supplies, material and equipment.
● Liaises with UN agencies, government and non-government organizations, intergovernmental agencies and vendors for the provision of assigned transport support elements.
● Develops inputs for budget proposals for the field mission’s movement control operations.
● Assists in the coordination process for requisitions with purchasing authorities to ensure that bidding and approval activities meet required timetables.
● Drafts responses to UNHQ during the vendor’s evaluation to ensure that vendor’s proposals meet technical requirements.
● Reviews activities under his/her purview for compliance with UN financial regulations and rules.
● Participates in various field mission administrative bodies such as Local Committee on Contracts, Tenders Committee, Local Property Survey Board and Boards of Inquiry.
● Participates, in discussions with insurance specialists, to resolve problems related to insurance policies for movement control services.
● Assists the Movement Control Officer in developing training courses, workshops and other related training activities.
● Assists the Unit Supervisor with drafting inputs for the Unit’s Training Plan.
● Performs other related duties as required.
Professionalism: Knowledge of UN financial regulations and rules is desirable. Knowledge of local laws on transportation and Customs regulations is desirable.Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in logistics or related fields is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified field of studies with four years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A valid driver’s license and ability to drive manual transmission vehicles are required. Please attach copy of your valid driving license.
A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in movement control, multi-modal transportation, airline operations, logistics management or a related field is required.
Experience in the provision of reliable, cost effective and efficient movement control services for the transportation of passengers and cargo (including dangerous goods requiring special handling) within the area of responsibility is required.
Experience in the implementation of quality control procedures for specific work processes is required.
Experience in liaising with UN agencies, government and non-government organizations, intergovernmental agencies and vendors for the provision of assigned transport support elements is required.
Experience in liaising with government customs authorities and freight forwarders for the import/export of United Nations owned and contingent-owned supplies, material and equipment is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English and Arabic are required.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs