UNMISS Associate Reporting Analyst Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Associate Reporting Analyst Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Associate Reporting Analyst. Associate Reporting Analyst Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 27/07/2023.
Associate Reporting Analyst Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Associate Reporting Analyst Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Associate Reporting Analyst Jobs Description
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
This position is located in the Joint Operations Center (JoC) of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), Juba. Juba is currently classified as an “E” hardship and a non-family duty station. The reporting and data analyst reports to Chief JoC through one of the team leaders. The reporting and data analyst undertakes qualitative and quantitative analysis to provide Mission leadership with a 24/7 common situational overview of operational activity, to include developments of a regional nature, and to prepare consolidated reports, including daily integrated situation reports and special incident reports, based on inputs received from mission components and other relevant sources. The JOC supports the Mission’s crisis management process; acts as a communications link with various components and offices and provides operational coordination, on request.
Monitoring and reporting:
• Seek and maintain a high degree of situational awareness and understanding of events, developments, and trends in the mission area, including through effective cooperation, coordination, and information sharing, with Mission sections and field offices.
• Monitor major developments (political, governance, humanitarian, human rights, military, security, and economic development), following the actions of relevant actors (including intergovernmental organisations, governments, nongovernmental organisations, civil society, political institutions, armed actors etc.
• Prepare and collate integrated reports (including daily and weekly reports) on significant developments and situation in the country and region for review and eventual dissemination within the Mission and to headquarters.
• As necessary, research and draft special reports related to operational issues, Code Cables addressing current operations, and official e-mails.
• Assist in the gathering of information from the various mission sections such as political affairs, civil affairs, Protection, Transition and Reintegration (PTR), military, police, security, rule of law, gender, child protection, humanitarian, human rights, and public information.
• Conduct data cleansing, transformation, and analysis to develop reports and visualization such as dashboards, scorecards, presentations using Microsoft Office 365 software’s including SharePoint, Power Automate, Excel and Power BI to support briefing papers and reporting products.
Crisis management support:
• Under the supervision of the Head of Reporting, support crisis management activities in the Mission area, including to the crisis management team, revision of policies, procedures and exercises and ensure continuity of channels of communication, reporting, and information management.
• Liaise with the Mission sections and the UNCT to provide information regularly during a crisis for decision makers.
Coordination of operations:
• Support the organization of operational coordination meetings, as required, liaising with Mission sections and the UNCT.
• Provide support for the implementation of operational coordination decisions and mechanisms (e.g., high-level meetings etc.).
• Liaise with the Mission sections and the UNCT regularly to help coordinate operations.
• Support the facilitation of contact between Mission leadership and headquarters and other actors (as required).
• Liaise with the Mission sections and the UNCT regularly to keep a database of key contact details.
• Perform other tasks as required by the Head of the Reporting Team and Chief JOC.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in working in a situational awareness environment, including information collection, reporting, analysis and crisis management support and Coordination of operations.
• Strong skills in drafting and report writing, research and analysis, database management, visualization are required.
• Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
• Have affinity with or interest in conflict management, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Area(s) of expertise
Crisis and emergency response, Elections and governance, Security and protection
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Arabic, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
Required education level
Master degree or equivalent in Social science, Political Science, International Relations, Conflict Management or related field
Competencies and values
• Planning and organizing
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs