UNMISS Civil Engineer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Civil Engineer Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Civil Engineer. Civil Engineer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 22/03/2023.
Civil Engineer Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Civil Engineer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Civil Engineer Jobs Description
Mission and objectives
Under Resolution 2625 (2022), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2023. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance and free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law:
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS was established in 2011 under the auspices of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO); subsequently, UNMISS mandate has been renewed through resolutions 2057 (2012), 2109 (2013), 2155 (2014), 2187 (2014), 2223 (2015), 2241 (Dec. 2015), 2304 (2016) and 2327 (2016), 2392 (Dec. 2017), 2406 (Mar. 2018), 2459 (Mar. 2019), 2514 (Mar. 2020), 2567 (Mar. 2021), 2625 (Mar. 2022).
Under the oversight of the Chief of Protection, Transition and Reintegration Section or his/her designate, the RRP Officer- Civil Engineer will provide conceptual technical guidance and quality assurance for infrastructure components of the Quick Impact Projects (QIPs) programme to the QIPs Management Team (QMT), as well as support the Project Review Committees at the field (FPRCs) and national level (PRC) during project formulation, design and implementation. The RRP Officer- Civil Engineer will act as a key liaison between implementing partners (IPs) and UNMISS sections and components in Field Offices on all infrastructure-related work at the state level. The RRP Officer-Civil Engineer will support the effective implementation of QIPs programme activities across South Sudan, in accordance with corresponding project documents. The RRP officer-Civil Engineer position will be based in Juba as a member of the QMT. The duties will include the following:
• Guide and facilitate UNMISS field teams in appraising the physical, social and financial feasibility of proposed infrastructure projects during the identification stage, including advising them on QIPs criteria for selection of projects.
• Provide technical guidance during the formulation, design and construction of physical infrastructure projects and oversee implementation of technical activities.
• Provide ideas and collaborate with QIPs Focal Persons to accommodate conceptual aspects during the formulation and implementation of infrastructure projects.
• Conducts preliminary site investigations to obtain field data such as soil characteristics, drainage and other data required for physical infrastructure site selection.
• Support the review of technical documentation, including geotechnical elaborates, existing and future lay out, Bill of Quantities (BoQ) with estimation of costs, technical description, design and specific drawings, workplan, and implementation and monitoring arrangements, for all infrastructure projects.
• Support the quality assurance function during the entire project management cycle of infrastructure projects and provide technical advisory support to Field Project Review Committees (FPRCs) and Implementing Partners (IPs) in accordance with required technical requirements and standards.
• Conduct field visits to potential locations requiring specific technical assistance and, based on performed assessment, recommend best solutions to ensure effective project implementation.
• Perform other duties as assigned
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in the field of civil engineering, especially in preparation of geo-technical/construction technical documentation is required;
• Experience in working in infrastructure and/or civil works, particularly in the field of construction technical project documentation development as well as construction supervision is required;
• Experience in reviewing and revising project documents, analyzing design specifications included in project proposals and preparing relevant reports to mandatory requirement and to desirable.
• Hands-on experience with UN administrative/financial policies and practices is desirable;
• Significant knowledge and experience in managing and executing data management initiatives, Analytical skills that allow for the development of trends- and evidence-based reports and recent field experience in the region is desirable;
• Field experience with the UN common system (UN peacekeeping political mission, or UN agencies, Funds and Programmes) is desirable;
• Solid computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, power points, etc) and email/internet, familiarity with database management, and office technology equipment.
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work within tight deadlines.
• Sound security awareness
Area(s) of expertise
Community development, Crisis and emergency response, Development programmes
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Arabic, Level: Fluent, Desirable
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in civil engineering-construction department, from a recognized university and experience is desirable.
Competencies and values
• Integrity and professionalism
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Planning and organizing
• Teamwork and respect for diversity
• Flexibility, adaptability, and ability and willingness to operate independently in austere.
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the UN core values.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs