UNMISS Digital Solution Centre Technician Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Digital Solution Centre Technician Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Digital Solution Centre Technician. Digital Solution Centre Technician Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 27/02/2023.
Digital Solution Centre Technician Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Digital Solution Centre Technician Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Digital Solution Centre Technician Jobs Description
Mission and objectives
Under Resolution 2625 (2022), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2023. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance and free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law:
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
Ensures the Mission receives only quality ICT services, providing exceptional administrative and technical support to FTS’ Technical Units that require expertise associated with their material and resource requirements; will enable them to collectively meet the Section’s level of operational capacity vital for the support of the overall Mission mandate. The incumbent of this post is expected to apply his/her technical expertise in the user support including troubleshooting, configuring, and installing FTS equipment, and tracking of the CRM system using ITIL concepts. and critical for the continued operation to support the SAP/Umoja side of operations, which supports the Mission mandate and transactions operations at different levels.
• Assess, record, dispatch, maintain and track all service request and/or incident calls using the official CRM system following ITIL concepts.
• Ensure timely resolution of all tickets assigned at Tier 1 level and/or follow-up with Tier 2 until issue is resolved and closed.
• Assist all users with account registration, login and maintenance to all corporate/enterprise applications.
• Perform installation and configuration of computing devices running on Microsoft Windows 10 or above OS. Such tasks include, but not limited to, TCP/IP protocol stack configuration, IP address.
assignment, DNS configuration, internet proxy settings, Active Directory and anti-virus server update.
• Support all users with Microsoft 365 (Outlook) e-mail account setup, Active Directory password and SAP account password reset.
• Support all users with Microsoft 365 office and cloud applications, UN critical applications like iNeed, FSS, SAP acounts on Umoja Tier 1 level support and user access roles provisioning.
• Install network peripherals such as standalone/multi-function printers and data communication devices.
• Assist in the installation of network insfrastructure including network cabling, indoor cable trunks sockets and communication racks; troubleshooting network connectivity and wireless access issues.
• Assist in the setup of online collaboration devices and services such as videoconference, MS Teams, Zoom and projectors in coordination with the VTC unit for meetings.
• Provide Umoja (SAP application) Tier 1 support in UNMISS in accordance to approved SOP, troubleshooting and escalating to Tier 2 when needed.
• Perform other duties as required.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in user support and ICT-related issues.
Good technical knowledge of various Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and equipment. Basic knowledge of Umoja (ERP SAP), iNeed, FSS and other UN corporate/enterprise applications is highly desirable.
Knowledge on how to support Android and Apple IOS platforms is highly desirable.
Basic knowledge on Microsoft Power Business Intelligence or any other analytics tool to provide basic support to our clients is highly desirable.
Area(s) of expertise
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics / Telecommunications Engineering
Competencies and values
• Respect for diversity
• Client Orientation
• Technological awareness
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity, and self-reliance
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs