UNMISS Electrical Supervisor Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Electrical Supervisor Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Electrical Supervisor. Electrical Supervisor Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 18/04/2023.
Electrical Supervisor Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Electrical Supervisor Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Electrical Supervisor Jobs Description
Under the direct supervision of the Electrical Technician, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Installing, operating, maintaining, servicing, and repairing electrical power supply, electrical power control system including critical power equipment such as uninterruptable power supply equipment (UPS’s), Automatic load transfer switches (ATS), Air Conditioning Systems, knowledge in motors and booster pumps with related control PLC systems for utility treatment plants
• Maintenance and installation of distribution and transmission systems including low, medium, and high voltage systems, knowledge in MV & HV transformers systems
Including control, protection, and safety.
• Proven Knowledge and experience in renewable alternative energies “Solar Energy” with ability to carry out energy audits and systems efficiency and performance assessments, design, and installation, systems research and development, experience in standalone and hybrid solar system
• Supports electrical and mechanical systems including generator control systems, good knowledge in generator synchronization, automation control wiring systems, load assessments calculations, troubleshooting, diagnoses, and repair of electrical and mechanical failures with generators, electronic sensors, and transfer switches within the mission area.
• Processing of work orders raised by clients for all types of works from cable laying to the installation of fixtures and devices.
• Ensuring that all work carried out by the Unit is conducted in a professional and safe manner in compliance with NEC and/or ISO standards, whilst adhering to existing UN rules and guidelines.
• Carrying out routine and preventive maintenance in all offices and camps during normal working hours.
• Managing the service contracts in the field office
• Ensuring the replacement of defective fixtures and devices before additional damage occurs to the existing network.
• Providing assistance to units, enabling them to plan for the required assets and materials, to help complete any given project or new infrastructure.
• Allocating the required labour to complete any given task in an optimal way without over-manning.
• The production of draft drawings and layout plans for Chief Engineer’s approval and then to ensure the approved plans are implemented in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
• Ensuring that any work carried out by Building Management System (BMS) does not conflict with existing UN environmental, health and safety policy.
• Coordinating regularly with other units within BMS to ensure that all work is planned and structured in a way that does not hinder the progress of any project or task.
• Ensuring that full and accurate reports are maintained on all aspects of the Unit activities.
• Ensuring that the Electrical Unit staff is continually updated on all new regulations and procedures.
• Keeping accurate attendance records.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
• Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
• Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
• Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
• Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
• Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
• Promote capacity development activities and transfer of skills to national personnel during the assignment;
• Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
• Can perform the UN protocol on environmental health and safety in the workplace and inside camp.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
5 years of experience in installation, repair and troubleshooting of electrical power supply, distribution and transmission systems.
Experience in electrical power control system, Air Conditioning Systems, Green energy (e.g. solar power generation system), and Generator electrical control system is added advantage.
Experience in contract management and supervisory;
Experience in United Nations entities or international organizations is desirable;
Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office application (excel, word, power point) and other IT applications and office technology equipment;
Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System;
Sound security awareness.
Area(s) of expertise
Engineering and construction
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Technical/vocational diploma in Electrical engineering or related field.
University degree in Electrical Engineering is an added advantage.
Recognized and valid license to repair, maintain, troubleshoot and install electrical power supply systems is desirable
Competencies and values
• Integrity and professionalism
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Planning and organizing
• Teamwork and respect for diversity
• Flexibility, adaptability, and ability and willingness to operate independently
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the UN core values.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs