UNMISS Fire Safety Officer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Aweil. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Fire Safety Officer Jobs in Aweil Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Aweil 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Fire Safety Officer. Fire Safety Officer Vacancy is for the Aweil location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 01/08/2023.
Fire Safety Officer Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Fire Safety Officer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Fire Safety Officer Jobs Description
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS was established in 2011 under the auspices of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO); subsequently, UNMISS mandate has been renewed through resolutions 2057 (2012), 2109 (2013), 2155 (2014), 2187 (2014), 2223 (2015), 2241 (Dec. 2015), 2304 (2016) and 2327 (2016), 2392 (Dec. 2017), 2406 (Mar. 2018), 2459 (Mar. 2019), 2514 (Mar. 2020), 2567 (Mar. 2021), 2625 (Mar. 2022).
Under the direct supervision of Air Operations OIC in the region, and supporting UNMISS Aviation operations by providing firefighting and rescue services in accordance with established rules and regulations, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Installing, inspecting, and maintaining UNMISS firefighting equipment and materials at airfields and helipads,
• Ensuring integrity of all firefighting equipment and materials at airfields and helipads
• Conducting relevant trainings for all firefighters and drivers on the proper operation of all firefighting equipment at airfields and helipads
• Conducting fire investigations to establish causes of fires and make appropriate preventive recommendations for future uses,
• Carrying out fire safety surveys at airfields/helipads and making recommendations to the fire safety officer for effective fire prevention and protective measures.
• Keeping records of all firefighting equipment and materials at different airfields and helipads and advising the Aviation fire Safety officer on the improvement, replenishment and replacement of fire equipment, materials, and chemicals.
• Performing other duties, related to fire fighting and prevention as directed by the supervisor.
• Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for in-stance in events that mark International Volunteer Day).
• Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country.
• Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities.
• Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.
•Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly arrived UN Volunteers.
• Promote capacity development activities and transfer of skills to national personnel during the assignment.
• Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in firefighting operations in the field of aviation, preferably at level of leading Fireman/Crash tender Operator/Crew Commander.
• General knowledge of international procedures and regulations for firefighting operations, airside vehicle operations and aviation operations.
• Valid driving license for cars, trucks, and fire trucks/heavy equipment with safe driving record
• Basic certificate in Aviation Firefighting and Rescue (ICAO 111 or equivalent).
• Basic First Aid/Life Support qualification.
• Training in basic instructional techniques is an asset
• Experience in VHF radio communications
• Experience with a large international organization is an added asset
Area(s) of expertise
Manual labor and skilled trade, Security and protection, Transport
Valid driving license for cars, trucks, and fire trucks/heavy equipment with safe driving record Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Arabic, Level: Working knowledge, Required
Required education level
Technical/vocational diploma in Basic Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ICAO 111 or NFPA/FAA equivalent)
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organising
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs