UNMISS General Surgeon Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for General Surgeon Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of General Surgeon. General Surgeon Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 13/07/2023.
General Surgeon Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||General Surgeon Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
General Surgeon Jobs Description
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS was established in 2011 under the auspices of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO); subsequently, UNMISS mandate has been renewed through resolutions 2057 (2012), 2109 (2013), 2155 (2014), 2187 (2014), 2223 (2015), 2241 (Dec. 2015), 2304 (2016) and 2327 (2016), 2392 (Dec. 2017), 2406 (Mar. 2018), 2459 (Mar. 2019), 2514 (Mar. 2020), 2567 (Mar. 2021), 2625 (Mar. 2022), 2677(Mar. 2023).
Under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Work in out-patient department for surgical and General consultation in L1 Plus clinic.
• Undertakes day-to-day specialist surgical clinical duties including regular general consultations e.g. walk-in clinic, emergencies.
• Perform damage-control surgical interventions (surgical emergencies related to gunshot.
• injuries, vehicular accidents, work related injuries and other life-saving surgical interventions as appropriate).
• Perform assigned elective surgical interventions.
• Ensures that all medical and nursing staff implements standard clinical protocols, guidelines, standard patient documentation and established surgical techniques during the operations.
• Prepare and review case histories and obtain data through interviews.
• Determine the necessity for surgical intervention, estimate possible risks to the patient and recommend the appropriate surgical procedure required.
• To work in patient ward and follow up with patients.
• Contribute to implementation of the WHO Integrated Management for Emergency and Essential Surgical Care (IMEESC) toolkit.
• Conducts a needs assessment and based on that develops a plan to improve surgical services.
• Monitor medical instruments and equipment to ensure that aseptic and antiseptic methods are adhered to.
• Perform 24/7 on-call for any surgical emergencies and rotational weekend/night shift-call duties as per roster.
• Refer staff to higher level of specialists as necessary.
• Follow-up with outside specialists.
• Provide health education.
• Performs any other tasks required by the Chief Medical Officer/ Designee
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
5 years of experience in the medical field as registered medical practitioner.
Experience in tropical diseases an asset.
Experienced in UN mission or another international agency is desirable.
Valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 over rough terrain
Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Sound security awareness.
Area(s) of expertise
Valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 over rough terrain Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in surgery and specialty recognition in General Surgery. Valid Certificate/license of BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support).
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organising
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs