UNMISS Geospatial Developer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Geospatial Developer Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Geospatial Developer. Geospatial Developer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 28/02/2023.
Geospatial Developer Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Geospatial Developer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Geospatial Developer Jobs Description
Mission and objectives
Under Resolution 2625 (2022), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2023. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance and free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law:
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS GIS Web Map services is one of the mission critical operational services that is required to be operational 24 x 7 to provide timely mapping services. GIS maps and web maps are highly confidential operational area which requires a high level of access control and clearance.
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of Geodatabase Management Unit supervisor of the GIS Pillar of Field Technology Section’s (FTS) and under the general guidance of the Chief GIS Officer.
• Assisting with the development of web mapping services and applications for GIS Clients using ESRI or FOSS4G.
• Utilizing ArcGIS Server, SQL, ArcGIS Monitor, ArcSDE, ArcMap.
• Supporting the operating of the mission’s GIS servers and its associated web maps and web map applications and its associated web map services.
• Undertaking GIS server administration, which includes the installation, configuration, testing, server backup and implementing disaster recovery plans in coordination with the Field Technology Section (FTS); as well as optimizing the availability and responsiveness of various server functions such as geo-database, file and web/applications.
• Create and maintain web map applications and dashboards using web app builder, ArcGIS dashboards and power BI dashboards
• Assisting in providing technical support including software; hardware; and geographic information systems support.
• Archiving mission geographic data and maintaining the mission’s geo-database system using SQL Server.
• Providing technical support in the administration of desktop workstations including first level troubleshooting, application software installations and updates, as well as the upkeep of peripheral equipment including plotters and scanner.
• Maintaining GIS Stock & Assets Inventory monthly.
• Populating the GIS data repository and implementing appropriate data security and access controls.
• Performing quality control and quality assurance of all GIS data maintained by GIS unit through established QC/QA processes
• Assisting the GIS Unit in software and hardware procurement, and budgetary matters.
• Preparing training materials, tutorials and presentations and cross training
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
4 years of experience in designing Geodatabase and its related works are required;
• Enterprise Geodatabase Management Professional Technical Certification is desirable
• Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise (Server, Portal, Datastore, Monitor) administration and maintenance.
• Experience with SQL Server, the SQL Server Technical Certification is desirable
• Experience in GIS Project Management, foundation certification in ITIL or Prince 2 is desirable
• Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various ESRI and MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing. Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines. Sound security awareness. Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Area(s) of expertise
manual gear 4×4 over rough terrain Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Information Technology (IT), GIS, or Engineering which a strong background in IT and GIS.
Competencies and values
• Respect for diversity
• Planning and organizing
• Client Orientation
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Technological awareness
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity, and self-reliance
Living conditions and remarks
Living conditions vary between UNMISS duty stations. Each duty station where UNMISS has a field presence has basic residential camp facilities, which includes running water and electricity. Candidates should be aware that accommodation may be austere with the possibility of water shortages and power blackouts. On arrival in Juba accommodation will be on a share basis. Ablutions will also be shared. As the accommodation situation improves single unit accommodation, with an attached ablution, should become available in all locations. Hard wall accommodation is available in Juba.
All UNMISS duty stations apart from Entebbe, Uganda are considered non – family duty stations. The security level of UNMISS duty stations is classified by the UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) who will brief on arrival. A number of locations in South Sudan are prone to conflict.
Primary health care services (preventive and curative) are provided in 11 United Nations Owned Equipment (UNOE) Level-I clinics, 21 Contingent Owned Equipment (COE) Level-I clinics, 4 COE Level-II medical facilities within the mission area and the establishment of contractual agreements for Level-III and Level-IIII care outside the mission area. The 4 Level-II facilities available in Juba, Bor, Malakal and Wau, run by the Troop Contributing Countries (TCC), take referrals from the Level-I clinics and provide hospital-based care.
The climate is tropical with a rainy season in many areas, which should normally span from around April to October. Ability to live and work in difficult and harsh conditions is essential.
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs