UNMISS HVAC Supervisor Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for HVAC Supervisor Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of HVAC Supervisor. HVAC Supervisor Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 30/06/2023.
HVAC Supervisor Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||HVAC Supervisor Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
HVAC Supervisor Jobs Description
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
Engineering Section provides mission wide operational support in United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS, hereinafter as UNMISS or Mission). Reporting directly to the Chief of Engineering Operation Unit, Engineering HQ in Tomping, the incumbent will be in charge of the all the HVAC related activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Engineering Operation Unit and liaising frequently with the other team members within Engineering Operation Unit, Electro-Mechanical Engineer and Field Engineers; the UNV Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Supervisor will perform the following duties within the framework of HVAC and Refrigeration works:
• Installing, maintaining, servicing, and repairing HVAC, refrigeration (including freezer), industrial kitchen equipment and kitchen appliances, and industrial and domestic gas equipment and electrical installation.
• Carrying out scheduled periodic and emergency maintenance services on all air conditioning installations and equipment.
• Ensuring installation of new systems and maintenance of existing systems meet the safety and environmental standards in accordance with international codes and regulations.
• Receiving Engineering Work Order Requests (EWRs), prints or sketches for the job. Must be able to read blue prints and sketches;
• Managing the service contracts in the field office;
• Reading, Interpreting and Creating HVAC and electrical drawings.
• Performing electrical installation, in case of the absent of the electrician, from A/C, Fridge and other minor appliances.
• Interpreting electrical installations and providing the necessary diagrams carrying out low voltage electrical installations and maintenance work.
• Preparing material specifications for the purpose of raising requisitions;
• Minor knowledge on how to interpret project management, and have basic knowledge of on installation of prefab
• Providing lists of items/spare parts required as well as tools and equipment, well in advance; monitoring the tools/equipment and spare parts inventory; and ensuring the use of items/spare parts in the most productive manner.
• Advice and or assist on all aspects of HVAC and refrigeration systems installed across the mission.
• Providing input for data entry in the asset control database immediately after receipt, repairs/overhaul, transfer, and disposal of equipment.
• Building capacity through coaching, mentoring and formal on-the-job training of national staff.
• Performing other related functions as required.
• Can at least drive and qualified to operate heavy machines.
• Can perform inventory of engineering assets prior to bar codes, location of number of A/C and its allocated fixed assets.
• Carrying out responsibilities successfully, safely and within limited time and allocated resources.
• Submitting daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports within the allotted time as requested by the Project Manager/State Engineer and/or Chief Engineer.
• Designing and implementing of various projects assigned to the UNV HVAC Technician to the highest standard and minimum costs to the Mission, with knowledge of how to interpret and apply project management principles.
• Perform the UN protocol on environmental health and safety in the workplace and inside camp.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
• Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
• Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
• Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
• Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
• Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
• Promote capacity development activities and transfer of skills to national personnel during the assignment;
• Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
5 years of experience in electrical installation, repair and troubleshooting of air conditioners, chillers, reefer containers and cold rooms. The minimum years of experience will be reduced to three (3) years if candidate have BSc degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
Experience in contract management and supervisory required.
Experience in PLC network system with at least knowledge of renewable energy required.
Working experience with UN organizations and/or other international knowledge of the operation and maintenance of air conditioning equipment is desirable.
Area(s) of expertise
Engineering and construction , Facility management, Energy and environment
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Technical/vocational diploma in Mechanical/Electrical engineering or related field is required.
Recognized and valid license to repair, maintain, troubleshoot and install HVAC systems is desirable.
BSc degree in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering is desirable.
Competencies and values
• Integrity and professionalism
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Planning and organizing
• Teamwork and respect for diversity
• Flexibility, adaptability, and ability and willingness to operate independently
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the UN core values.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs