UNMISS ICT Data Analyst Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for ICT Data Analyst Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of ICT Data Analyst. ICT Data Analyst Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 29/06/2023.
ICT Data Analyst Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||ICT Data Analyst Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
ICT Data Analyst Jobs Description
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2023. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance and free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law:
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
This post will ensure that the Mission receives quality ICT services, with the incumbent expected to provide exceptional administrative and technical support to
FTS’ Technical Units that require expertise associated with their material and resource requirements. The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Field Technology Section’s (FTS) Application Support Unit supervisor and under the general guidance of the Chief Information Technology Officer (Operations). This will enable to collectively meet the Section’s level of operational capacity vital for the support of the overall Mission mandate.
• Provide expertise on the use and development of information management tools and platforms and identify new data analysis process improvement opportunities.
• Participate in information management networks and processes to facilitate the exchange of information and the promotion of data and information standards, common platforms, and the exchange of information.
• Engage with UNMISS staffs and counterparts to identify appropriate data sources for analytics projects and ensure that information activities are coordinated and consistent with relevant standard and practices.
• Collaborate with programme management officers to improve data flows, data quality, etc.
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Develop and implement various analysis, reporting and quality control capabilities.
• Produce and update information products such as reports, charts and infographics by turning data into graphical products to convey messages and a storyline.
• Draft end-user and /or technical documentation.
• Provide basic training to end –users on the use of standard systems and applications.
• Provide training to junior technical staff and users.
• Keep abreast of developments in the technology both in the UN and in the industry in general.
• Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in information management, information systems, applied analytics, business intelligence, data management, data visualization, or other related area, is required.
• Experience in using data to inform decisions, strategies and execution is required.
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
• Familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office365 applications (Excel, Word, etc.), Email and Internet.
• Familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
• Sound cybersecurity awareness.
Area(s) of expertise
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in information management, information systems, applied analytics, business intelligence, data management, data visualization, or other related area, is required.
Competencies and values
• Respect for Diversity
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Technological awareness
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity, and self-reliance
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs