UNMISS IT Studio Technician Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for IT Studio Technician Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of IT Studio Technician. IT Studio Technician Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 06/03/2023.
IT Studio Technician Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||IT Studio Technician Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
IT Studio Technician Jobs Description
Mission and objectives
Under Resolution 2625 (2022), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2023. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance and free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law:
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
The Communications and Public Information Section (CPIS) / Radio Miraya Unit operations a radio station tasked with disseminating information of importance and promoting awareness of the Mission’s mandate to diverse audiences across the country and liaises with other Units, UN Agencies, NGOs, and Government Entities for the narrative and messaging of its mandate.
Within delegated authority, the IT Studio Technician will be responsible for performing the following duties:
• Operates a diverse range of audio production equipment, including broadcast and production consoles, digital audio workstations, computer assisted radio automation systems and other studio equipment as required to enable the successful production and transmission of the United Nations radio programs.
• Assists in the installation, configuration, testing and deployment of server systems hardware and software, to include Local Area Network infrastructure.
• Assists with the implementation of new and emerging technologies for voice.
• Assists in the preparation and installation of Computer Networking and Audio over IP (AoIP).
• Assists with the setup, configuration, and support of the AoIP Network. Testing of various networking systems utilizing a wide range of specialized radio equipment such as the Wheatstone AoIP technology.
• Assists configuration testing and commissioning of new radio equipment prior to deployment.
• Troubleshoot complex computer networking incidents and problems.
• Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of computer application systems development projects, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units to initiate requests.
• Plans, implements, and maintains security controls for various applications, verifies the effectiveness of security controls in place.
• Prepares technical and user documentation for deployed computer application systems, training materials and conducts technical presentations, drafts correspondence and communications.
• Liaises with other Units within the Service and other logistics support elements of the mission to maintain optimal 24/7 operations for the server systems operations.
• Assists in the planning, implementing, operating, and maintaining security controls; performs regular vulnerability assessments of production systems to identify weaknesses as well as to determine the need for updating systems with fixes and patches.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field; performs benchmarking and proposes new acquisitions.
• Being part of cross-functional teams in order to assist with radio related projects.
• Install, operate, maintain and repair and equipment.
• Install, operate and maintain broadcast and production studios and related equipment.
• Provide support for live Outdoor broadcasts or production related works using the Outside Broadcasting (OB) Vehicle.
• Maintain and repair necessary studio and studio-linked technical equipment to optimize the technical operations requirements for the radio.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
5 years of experience in the field of Telecommunications and Information System is required.
Working experience in the planning and installation of complex telecommunications equipment, networks and information systems is required.
Area(s) of expertise
Communication, Information technology
Manual transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Technical/vocational diploma in Information Systems Technology is required. Diploma in other supplemental academic qualification in the field of Telecommunications and Information System in other industry training and certifications is an asset. (IT, Studio Technician, Broadcast Technology Technician)
Competencies and values
• Integrity and professionalism
• Planning, effective organizational and problem-solving skills
• Teamwork and respect for diversity
• Planning and Organizing
• Technological Awareness
• Flexibility and willingness to live and work in hazardous and remote places
• Commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity, and self-reliance; and commitment towards the UN core values.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs