UNMISS Laboratory Technician Vacancies || UN Jobs in Bor. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Laboratory Technician Jobs in Bor Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Bor 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Laboratory Technician. Laboratory Technician Vacancy is for the Bor location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 20/06/2023.
Laboratory Technician Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Laboratory Technician Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Laboratory Technician Jobs Description
Under Resolution 2677 (2023), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS was established in 2011 under the auspices of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO); subsequently, UNMISS mandate has been renewed through resolutions 2057 (2012), 2109 (2013), 2155 (2014), 2187 (2014), 2223 (2015), 2241 (Dec. 2015), 2304 (2016) and 2327 (2016), 2392 (Dec. 2017), 2406 (Mar. 2018), 2459 (Mar. 2019), 2514 (Mar. 2020), 2567 (Mar. 2021), 2625 (Mar. 2022).
Please note that the contract duration will be subjected to the mission’s mandate renewal, on yearly basis.
Under the direct supervision direct supervision of medical officers and guidance of DCMO, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Collect samples from patients for Biochemistry, Hematology, Parasitological, Bacteriology, Immuno-Serology, sputum, and other body fluids and conduct routine and other tests that the laboratory facilities can accommodate.
• Collect swabs for Ag/rtPCR tests(COVID-19) to perform the tests and transportation of samples as needed (like in EVD etc..outbreacks).
• Assist medical team in contact tracing for communicable diseases.
• Manage the day-to-day administration of the laboratory including proper filing of patient records in the data management system.
• Verify and release quality and reliable clinical test results of patients to Medical Officers.
• Identify and recommend quality control mechanisms and design laboratory modules and work plan that ensures safety and proper biohazard waste management.
• Ensure proper handling and storage of human blood products meant for transfusion.
• Ensure proper record keeping and strict confidentiality of patients’ records.
• Monitor laboratory inventory and prepares requisitions for laboratory reagents and laboratory
• consumables in collaboration with the Pharmacy unit.
• Ensure proper recording and reporting of laboratory data capturing the daily, monthly, and annual laboratory tests performed.
• Contribute insights on various hospital-based infection control measures.
• Perform a variety of procedures using established laboratory techniques on both manual and
automated laboratory equipment.
• Ensure the cleanliness, maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment, as well as reporting any equipment malfunction and initiating repairs when necessary by qualified repair technician.
• Act in a professional manner, reflecting the mission’s, philosophy, and values.
• Train, assist and supervise the daily activities of the Laboratory Assistant (if any) assigned to the medical section.
• Perform any other duties as may be required by the Chief Medical Officer, Deputy Chief Medical Officer or Medical officer.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
• Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day)
• Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country
• Provide annual and end of assignment reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities using UNV’s Volunteer Reporting Application
• Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.
• Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers
• Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
5 years of experience in a tropical country as a Registered Medical Technologist is required.
Knowledge and experience in medical laboratory testing is Mandatory.
Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word); other IT applications and office technology equipment.
Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Area(s) of expertise
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Medical Technology (Clinical Laboratory Science) is preferred.
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organising
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs