UNMISS Liaison Assistant Vacancies || UN Jobs in Bentiu. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Liaison Assistant Jobs in Bentiu Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Bentiu 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Liaison Assistant. Liaison Assistant Vacancy is for the Bentiu location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 29/01/2023.
Liaison Assistant Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Liaison Assistant Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Liaison Assistant Jobs Description
Result of Service
The program is coordinated by the World Relief, implemented by a consortium of UN and non-UN entities to achieve the following six outcomes:
1) Individuals, particularly children and women, are facing less violence at the community and local level.
2) Communities have effective mechanisms in place that meaningfully include women and youth to resolve conflicts peacefully.
3) Justice sector actors are more effectively delivering justice, even in areas with previously limited or no judicial infrastructure.
4) Communities, including women, youth and disadvantaged groups, are empowered and increasingly able to participate in local and broader political, peace and security processes.
5) Community resilience is strengthened through increased economic opportunities and sustainable livelihoods.
6) Reconciled communities have increased access to equitable and reliable basic services and reduced humanitarian aid dependency.
Through 30 June 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide community level engagement between the program and the key stakeholders, including the following:
• Engagement and sensitization of community stakeholders on the project including local leaders
• Mobilizing communities and facilitating events and activities
• Facilitate community engagements that need translation in local language, being the interface between community members and stakeholders from outside of Koch County
• Assist in training of community stakeholders
• Collect M&E data in line with tools shared by the MER Officer and contribute to project reporting
• Provide regular updates to the Program Coordinator and the MER Officer
• Document stories of change
• Collect stakeholder feedback and submit to the Program Coordinator and the MER Officer
• Represent the program at Koch and Community levels including attending Area Reference Group meetings
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
At least three (3) years of proven experience in community engagement or voluntary work at community level is required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word is desirable.
Experience working with NGOs and UN institutions is desirable
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Recent developments in Koch, Unity State, provide both challenges and opportunities to foster peaceful co-existence and stabilization. The increase in returns to Koch could lead to violence due to competition over limited opportunities, resources and services. Reopening of oil company creates a pull factor which could further exacerbate competition over limited opportunities. The signing of R-ARCSS, the formation of the R-TGoNU and appointment of State Governors and County Commissioners have created relative calmness and some system of accountability which are opportunities for institutionalization of rule of law and stabilization. A 24-month Trust Fund funded program titled “Restoring Peaceful Coexistence for Better Livelihoods in Koch County Phase II program” has been recently approved to respond to the needs and opportunities presented above. The Reconciliation Stabilisation and Resilience Trust Fund (RSRTF) Koch Area Based Program Phase II program will build on the gains of the Phase I program that was implemented between 1 August 2019 to 30 October 2021. This follow-up intervention will explore existing opportunities to enhance and sustain efforts made towards conflict resolution and building resilience.
Interested applicants who are unable to apply in inspira can also submit Hard copies of their applications to UNMISS Koch Temporary Operating Base (TOB) or Bentiu Field Office C/O Office of the Head of Field Office by 30 January 2023.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs