UNMISS Logistics Officer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Logistics Officer Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Logistics Officer. Logistics Officer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 07/07/2023.
Logistics Officer Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Logistics Officer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Logistics Officer Jobs Description
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS was established in 2011 under the auspices of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO); subsequently, UNMISS mandate has been renewed through resolutions 2057 (2012), 2109 (2013), 2155 (2014), 2187 (2014), 2223 (2015), 2241 (Dec. 2015), 2304 (2016) and 2327 (2016), 2392 (Dec. 2017), 2406 (Mar. 2018), 2459 (Mar. 2019), 2514 (Mar. 2020), 2567 (Mar. 2021), 2625 (Mar. 2022).
UNMISS, Medical section is responsible to deliver health & Medical support services to 20,000 UNMISS staff and 5000 AFP staff. Medical stores services are an important department to maintain the operational capabilities and satisfaction of clientele.
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the UNMISS Head Pharmacist and guidance of the Chief Medical Officer, the incumbent is responsible for:
• In compliance with the World Health Organization (WHO) rules and regulation, based on a comprehensive forecast of the supply needs and in collaboration with the relevant stakeholder, plan an end to end, timely provision of quality and adequate supplies, equipment and consumables for the health & medical operations.
• Facilitate customs clearance, reception, transportation, storage and distribution to all UNMISS UNOE Level-I facilities.
• Manage UNMISS medical warehouse store and inventory; implement stock control mechanisms, including Inventory Analysis. Ensure availability of most of the routine items and 100% availability of life saving and critical medical stores.
• Maintain the required stockpiles of essential emergency equipment.
• Ensure that water, sanitation, and infection control required activities are in place and up to standard for all health facilities.
• Develop, update, and implement a mission list for drugs and medical consumables, based on generic drugs produced according to the World Health Organization (WHO) standards.
• Maintain a system for ongoing inspections of drug safety in all UNMISS Level 1 Clinics.
• Offer day-to-day advice on pharmaceutical issues.
• Advise the medical administrator/requisitioner on the specification of drugs to be requisitioned.
• Offer a prudent scale of issue for the planning of re-supply, including determination of safety stock & reorder quantity for each item.
• Contribute to the facilitation of an unimpeded supply of drugs, medical consumables, vaccines, condoms (male and female) and blood in the mission.
• Monitor the consumption of drugs, laboratory reagents, medical and surgical consumables in all UNMISS Level-I Clinics.
• Storing and record keeping of stocks.
• Accountable for the applicable medical supplies and equipment according to recommended guidelines.
• Participate in logistics operations pertaining to the management of expired supplies and re-distribution of medical supplies within the Mission area.
• Carry out relevant and regular reporting on demand by Head Pharmacist.
• Perform other related duties as required.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
5 years of experience in managing medical inventory and supply operations in multi-specialty hospitals, medical stores.
Desirable: Prior working experience with the UN, health clusters partners, military, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization. Experience, or knowledge of import/export and customs administration.
• Experience in a UN mission or large international organization an asset.
• Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
• Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
• Sound security awareness.
• Excellent oral and written English skills; excellent drafting, reporting skills.
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners.
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
Area(s) of expertise
Health, Logistics and Inventory
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in medical inventory management, pharmacy, or related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
Desirable: Professional certification/qualification in areas of supply chain management.
Degree or training in information management systems and their application to logistic, transport or supply management and monitoring.
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organising
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs