UNMISS Medical Assistant Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Medical Assistant Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Medical Assistant. Medical Assistant Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 13/04/2023.
Medical Assistant Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Medical Assistant Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Medical Assistant Jobs Description
Under Resolution 2625 (2022), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2023. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance and free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law:
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS was established in 2011 under the auspices of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO); subsequently, UNMISS mandate has been renewed through resolutions 2057 (2012), 2109 (2013), 2155 (2014), 2187 (2014), 2223 (2015), 2241 (Dec. 2015), 2304 (2016) and 2327 (2016), 2392 (Dec. 2017), 2406 (Mar. 2018), 2459 (Mar. 2019), 2514 (Mar. 2020), 2567 (Mar. 2021), 2625 (Mar. 2022).
Under the guidance / direct supervision of the Medevac Coordinator and Infectious Diseases and Public Health and the general guidance of the Chief Medical Officer and Deputy Chief Medical Officer, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for:
Medical Assistant in Medical Evacuation Coordination Centre
• Assisting with the coordination of the Medevac and Casevac cases and arrange the transfer of the patients; liaise with Level III and level IV Hospitals to ensure the smooth transfer and admission of UNMIS patients.
• Assisting with medical evacuations and referrals with referring Doctors and receiving hospitals within and outside of South Sudan; ensuring that there is ground transportation on arrival at the airport to move the patients to the next destination.
• Liaise with other medical facilities in and outside of South Sudan to ensure smooth admission process, effective patient management and follow-up with the focal persons.
• Ensure that all paper works required for medevacs, referrals and repatriations are obtained and fully approved by the appropriate parties; Prepare fax to Medical Services Division New York to obtain approval for medevacs and repatriations.
• Arrange appointments for mission personnel to meet medical Specialists.
• Participate in administrative matters pertaining to medical evacuations
• Coordinating receipt of bodies for the purpose of autopsy and keeping records.
• Maintain a comprehensive, secure filing system for medically evacuated, referred, or repatriated patients.
Infectious Diseases & Public Health duties
• Plan and organize activities and tasks related to health promotion and wellness targeting UN personnel, including uniformed personnel and contractors.
• Increase public awareness on prevention and control of prevalent communicable diseases (CDs) and non-communicable diseases (NCDs), including to promote healthy lifestyle and benefit of good nutrition.
• Contribute to UNMISS emergency preparedness and response plan including public health emergencies, disease outbreaks and other crisis through outbreak investigation, disease surveillance, active case finding and contact tracing.
• Disseminate Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials (leaflets, brochures, posters, power point presentation) that are culturally appropriate.
• Consult medical professionals and personnel for information on relevant health education services.
• Investigate the root causes of illness and disease by gathering and analyzing data from observations, interviews, surveys, and biological samples.
• Present and explain their findings to medical professionals and policymakers as necessary.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in the discipline of Public Health or Environmental Science is required.
• Qualifications and experience in community health and tropical health are an asset.
• Experience in a UN mission an advantage.
• valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 over rough terrain
• Experience in a UN mission or large international organization an asset.
• Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
• Have a valid driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 vehicles.
• Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
• Sound security awareness.
• Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word); other IT applications and office technology equipment.
Area(s) of expertise
• valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 over rough terrain Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Public Health or Environmental Science.
Additional certification in Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response will be an asset.
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organising
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs