UNMISS Nurse Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba . Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Nurse Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Nurse. Nurse Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 16/05/2023.
Nurse Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Nurse Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Nurse Jobs Description
Under Resolution 2677 (2023), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and direct supervision of the Head Nurse, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Work in the walk-in clinic.
• Respond to emergency calls and assist doctors in providing adequate care and performing respective duties in the treatment of the patient.
• Perform ECG, and other medical exams such as blood tests, glucose, troponin, and urine test as required.
• Prepare patient for different intervention and escort patient to other medical facilities as required
• Assess needs of clients visiting the walk-in clinic; provide care/advice (e.g. the benefits of preventive medicine, etc.)
• Respond to on call and other duties including weekends as required.
• Perform nursing care related to her/his professional capacity.
• Responsible for emergency room and doctor’s consultation rooms, ensure that all equipment’s are ready for use and functional e.g. defibrillator, ECG machine, glucometer, etc.
• Receives patients and records the necessary data for effective treatment.
• Ensures safety of the patients while performing the duties.
• Communicate with patients and updates the doctors in the clinic.
• Maintains patient’s records and exercises confidentiality.
• Accord’s patients fair and equal treatment regardless of ethnic background.
• Assist in providing health education and addressing work environment and occupational health issues.
• Actively contribute to planning and organizing preventive and primitive medical practice.
• Actively contribute to the In-service education for nurses.
• Plan and organize First Aid Training for UNMISS staff.
• Maintain the clinic pharmacy by keeping the database updated and inform the relevant counterpart.
• Perform other related duties as required.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
5 years of experience in hospital work. Applicant should have a cognitive skill related to general and emergency nursing.
Experienced in UN mission or another international agency is desirable.
Experience in a UN mission or large international organization an asset.
Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Sound security awareness.
Area(s) of expertise
Manual Transmission, proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 vehicles. Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Nursing or an accredited Diploma Nursing Programme, with updated certificate/license of BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support) and a Licensed Registered Nurse.
Competencies and values
• Integrity and professionalism
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Planning and organizing
• Teamwork and respect for diversity
• Flexibility, adaptability, and ability and willingness to operate independently
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the UN core values.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs