UNMISS Pharmacy Technician Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Pharmacy Technician Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Pharmacy Technician. Pharmacy Technician Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 20/09/2023.
Pharmacy Technician Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Pharmacy Technician Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Pharmacy Technician Jobs Description
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position located in the Health Service of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), Juba. The Pharmacy Technician reports to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) through Deputy Chief Medical Officer (DCMO).
Within delegated authority, the Pharmacy Technician at this level will be responsible for the following duties:
Dispensing & Securing Availability of Drugs and Medical supplies:
• Develops and maintains a system for ongoing inspections of drug safety in UNMISS Supplies Store.
• Offers day-to-day advice on pharmaceutical issues including evaluating different antibiotics for impact on the local microbiological situation.
• Secures the proper usage of Antibiotics to prevent unnecessary influence on the ecological balance with the use of Antibiotics.
• Dispense medicines and supplies prescribed by physicians and dentists
• Providing accurate instructions regarding dosage, administration and possible side effects to the beneficiaries
• Substitute, as appropriate, comparable drugs with trade names after informing the prescribing physician.
• Regularly inform Prescribing Physicians on the stock availability.
• Respond to inquiries regarding content, dosages regimen review, storage and disposal.
• Monitor drug interactions, allergies and contraindications.
• Maintain stringent handling and recording of narcotics and affiliated drugs.
• Ensure continuous supply of antiretroviral drugs.
•Notify physicians and the Head Pharmacist about drugs with short shelf life.
• Maintain supplies and ensure security of drugs in treatment room, night emergency, and ICU cabinet.
• Inspect facilities where medications are kept such as the ICU cabins, treatment room, mobile emergency box and ambulance.
Electronic Pharmacy Inventory system handling:
• Provide the necessary information, enter data and update it on a daily basis.
• organize the Category of Drugs following the pharmacological classification and the pharmaceutical forms
• Create database for suppliers as well as beneficiaries.
• Produce a report on consumption, availability, patient history and transfer for each category.
• Handle the Electronic Pharmacy Inventory system and Lotus expense entry system
• Submit a complete expense entry every month
Stock handling & Providing Information:
• Advise the medical team and work with the Head Pharmacist in the specification of drugs to be requisitioned, and offering a prudent scale of issue for the planning of re-supply.
• Update the medical team on new development in production, interaction, eventual withdrawal of drugs and reagents.
• Dispose expired drugs according to relevant rules and regulations. and document this.
• Follow up on and recommend WHO guidelines on malaria prophylaxis and other travel related supplies.
• Monitor stock of drugs, chemical reagents and supplies; ensure their reputation and keep an accurate balance and inform the Head Pharmacist regularly.
• Provide technical assistance to medical team. Respect confidentiality at all times.
• Compile the requisitions from each Unit; Pharmacy, Laboratory, Nursing, Bio-medical, Operation Theater, Infectious Diseases & Public Health Unit
Procurement of Drugs & Medical Supplies:
• Prepare and submit on a regular basis a list of quantified pharmaceutical and medical supplies to be purchased both locally and internationally.
• Supervise the work of the pharmacy support team.
Preparation of annual Budget & Annual Inventory:
• Conduct stringent annual inventory of drugs and reagents supplies.
• Prepare annual budget for medicines and supplies
Knowledge and hands on experience in pharmaceutics. Basic training in drug supply management and rational drug use. Knowledge of major electronic pharmaceutical inventory tools and ability to use them with solid computer skill. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
-Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
-Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
-Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
-Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
-Places team agenda before personal agenda
-Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
-Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
-Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments
-Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards
-Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules
-Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments
-Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
High School and diploma in Pharmaceutical Studies of equivalent is required.
Job – Specific Qualification
National Registration and license is desirable.
At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical logistical matters or related field is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to 5 years for candidates who possess a first-level university degree or higher
Hands-on experience, particularly in support of peacekeeping or a related field mission is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of languages spoken in South Sudan an added advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
This position is subject to local recruitment pursuant to staff rule 4.4 of the United Nations Staff Rules. Applicants for positions in the General Service and related categories must be authorized to work for the United Nations in the duty station where the position is located. Eligible applicants selected from outside the duty station are responsible for any expenses in connection with their relocation to the duty station. Staff members subject to local recruitment are not eligible for allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international recruitment.
Qualified women that meet the requirements of this job opening are particularly encouraged to apply and will be given full consideration in accordance with the United Nations efforts to increase women participation in its workforce.
This post is located in Juba. Please note that anyone selected will be required to report for duty in that location on the agreed date and will also be expected to arrange their own accommodations. There is no UN provided accommodation. If the selected candidate is unable to report to the identified Duty Station, the contract will be considered void.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Reasonable accommodation may be provided to applicants with disabilities upon request, to support their participation in the recruitment process.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, United Nations staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the United Nations in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs