UNMISS Project Engineer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Pibor . Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Project Engineer Jobs in Pibor Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Pibor 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Project Engineer. Project Engineer Vacancy is for the Pibor location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 24/05/2023.
Project Engineer Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Project Engineer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Project Engineer Jobs Description
Under Resolution 2677 (2023), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS was established in 2011 under the auspices of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO); subsequently, UNMISS mandate has been renewed through resolutions 2057 (2012), 2109 (2013), 2155 (2014), 2187 (2014), 2223 (2015), 2241 (Dec. 2015), 2304 (2016) and 2327 (2016).
The UN Volunteer Project Engineer in Pibor will report to the Field Engineer as well as Field Administrative Officer in Bor, and will closely coordinate with the Administrative Officer / MSD Team Leader in Pibor.
The UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Applying of commonly used engineering calculations, practices and precedents in completing portions of larger projects related to the design, construction, or repair of buildings, roads, bridges, airfields, helipads, railways, docks, waste disposal systems, and other related structures and activities in the field;
• Produce CAD drawings of required in planning and designs specifications of engineering related projects;
• Preparing BOQ, cost estimates, drawings, Statement of Works (SOW), technical specifications and bidding documents for both in-house/outsourced Mission engineering project;
• Undertaking frequent site visits to monitor the project activities and advise on technical matters;
• Conducting for Technical Evaluation of Bids and prepare Technical Evaluation Reports for projects;
• Developing technical data regarding materials, sizes, dimensions, and quantities and costs to be incorporated in formal specifications;
• Preparing for Estimates costs of repairs of damaged buildings, facilities and systems to determine feasibility of repairs or replacement;
• Liaise with other engineers and Mission specialists responsible for related specialized phases to arrive at mutually satisfactory approaches to problems by exchanging and comparing data;
• Conducting investigations to develop improved designs and construction techniques;
• Prepare and produce cost data and estimates on engineering-related requirements of current and planned field missions;
• Analyzing project proposals to ensure technical feasibility and that project objectives are attainable within prescribed resources;
• Identify all routine engineering operational requirements within Engineering Section; preparing; implementing; and controlling appropriate methods to cater for them, ensuring optimal utilization of available resources in order to provide engineering project management support to Mission clients and Field Locations;
• Maintaining of accurate project records and files; Traveling to various locations in the area of operations to plan and monitor road work maintenance and repairs;
• Providing coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training to national personnel
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as requested by the Field Engineer.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in international/national construction business.
• Project management experience.
• Experience in a multinational organizational environment is desirable.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to prioritize tasks, and handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
Area(s) of expertise
Engineering and construction , Facility management, Logistics and Inventory
manual 4×4 vehicle Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in civil/structural engineering or any related field from an accredited and internationally or nationally recognized university;
Registered Engineer with an internationally recognized body is desirable.
Competencies and values
Integrity and professionalism
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Planning and organizing
• Teamwork and respect for diversity
• Flexibility, adaptability, and ability and willingness to operate independently
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the UN core values.
Living conditions and remarks
Living conditions vary between UNMISS duty stations. Each duty station where UNMISS has a field presence has basic residential camp facilities, which includes running water and electricity. Candidates should be aware that accommodation may be austere with the possibility of water shortages and power blackouts. On arrival in Juba accommodation will be on a share basis. Ablutions will also be shared. As the accommodation situation improves single unit accommodation, with an attached ablution, should become available in all locations. Hard wall accommodation is available in Juba.
All UNMISS duty stations apart from Entebbe, Uganda are considered non – family duty stations. The security level of UNMISS duty stations is classified by the UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) who will brief on arrival. A number of locations in South Sudan are prone to conflict.
Primary health care services (preventive and curative) are provided in 11 United Nations Owned Equipment (UNOE) Level-I clinics, 21 Contingent Owned Equipment (COE) Level-I clinics, 4 COE Level-II medical facilities within the mission area and the establishment of contractual agreements for Level-III and Level-IIII care outside the mission area. The 4 Level-II facilities available in Juba, Bor, Malakal and Wau, run by the Troop Contributing Countries (TCC), take referrals from the Level-I clinics and provide hospital-based care.
The climate is tropical with a rainy season in many areas, which should normally span from around April to October. Ability to live and work in difficult and harsh conditions is essential.
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs