UNMISS Radio Producer Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Radio Producer Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Radio Producer. Radio Producer Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 20/06/2023.
Radio Producer Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Radio Producer Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Radio Producer Jobs Description
Under Resolution 2677 (2023), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2024. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance as well as free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
The Communications and Public Information Section (CPIS) / Radio Miraya Unit operation a radio station tasked with disseminating information of importance and promoting awareness of the Mission’s mandate to diverse audiences across the country and liaises with other Units, UN Agencies, NGO, and Government Entities for the narrative and messaging of its mandate.
Within delegated authority, the Radio Producer will be responsible for performing the following duties:
• Working with a team of national staff who design and produce daily radio programs for broadcasting a Radio Miraya, in view of (a) providing objective and correct information as a general news service regarding the role of the UN to the general public and the political and social-economic situation in South Sudan; (b) providing a platform for intra-community debate on the peace and future of South Sudan through participatory formats; (c) working with the team of journalists to support the design and development of radio news, programmes and other content to address issues including protection of civilians, human rights, humanitarian assistance, youth, gender, education, health etc.;
• Checking al information used for its accuracy and reliability, in addition, checking sources of information and reference, ensuring that all broadcast content produced complies with the highest possible standards of integrity, neutrality, objectivity and clarity.
• Liaising with all relevant UNMISS Sections, UN Agencies, governmental bodies, civil society organizations etc., to identify priority themes for broadcasting on Radio Miraya and to identify specific target groups for such broadcasts, liaising with local media, local government bodies, academic and research institutions, local civil society, etc. to keep track of national, regional and global media developments and trends or other relevant fields.
• Ensures coverage of activities related to the mission, as well as significant political, social and cultural events in the country, as appropriate; adheres to editorial policies and all aspects of production of radio programmes, including public service announcements, news stories, features and documentaries for local, regional and international use.
• Devises an appropriate national, regional and international distribution system for the mission’s radio and digital multimedia products; Support the integration of new media (website, social media and other tools) into radio production;
Develops and maintains positive, constructive, and harmonious working relations with the radio and digital/social media sector in the host country, including managing production and broadcast partnerships and capacity building programmes as appropriate.
• Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programmes; plan, support the organization and coordination of the operational activities of the radio unit in relation to the overall objective of the radio strategy; Develops editorial inputs for radio and station’s social media platforms and ensure coverage of activities related to the mission as well as significant political, social and cultural events in the mission area, as appropriate, and ensure that editorial focus is integrated with other components, programmes and products of the public information team; Assists in all aspects of multimedia production including public service announcements, news stories, features and documentaries for local, regional and international use;
• Generates/Provides raw audio material for (a) mission products, including for community outreach, (b) internal mission use such as training of mission personnel, (c) United Nations Headquarters, (d) local and international media as appropriate.
• Ensures that the radio station integrates and utilizes digital media platforms and opportunities, including linking with key UNHQ digital platforms and tools;
Prepares periodic status reports on radio/digital multimedia strategy implementation.
• Interprets mission mandate as it applies to radio/multimedia production and exercise editorial judgment over programmes;
Develops, writes, edits, and records original radio programmes, announcements, features and news segments, for broadcast, as required.
• Performing other ad hoc duties related to the operations of Radio Miraya.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
5 years of experience in Journalism as a Radio Producer or Presenter is required.
Working experience in producing news and current affairs content for daily bulletins and supporting programes is required.
Computer skills: Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in PowerPoint and various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
Strong and proven knowledge of graphic design software, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Ability to operate digital recording equipment.
Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System
Area(s) of expertise
Administration, Business management, Communication
Manual transmission Required Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Journalism, Mass Communications, Media, Public Relation, graphic design, website management, broadcasting or similar relevant disciplines;
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organizing
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs