UNMISS Telecommunications Assistant Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Telecommunications Assistant Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Telecommunications Assistant. Telecommunications Assistant Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 07/03/2023.
Telecommunications Assistant Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Telecommunications Assistant Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Telecommunications Assistant Jobs Description
Mission and objectives
Under Resolution 2625 (2022), the Security Council determined that the situation in South Sudan continues to constitute a threat to international peace and security in the region.
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2023. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance and free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law:
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS Comm Center is one of the mission critical operational units that is required to be on duty or on call 24×7 to provide secure communication services between UNMISS, UNHQ and
other UN entities, and to provide prompt support, whenever required, to all clients throughout the mission HQ area especially the VVIP offices of SRSG/ DSRSG and COS as part of the UNMISS FTS Comms Center Unit in Juba, South Sudan. Communication center is a highly confidential operational area which requires a high level of access control and clearance. Comm Center recently introduced a new secure communications platform that requires staff working on it to be highly trained and preauthorized.
Under the management of the Telephone unit supervisor within the Field Technology Section (FTS), the Telecommunications Assistant will be responsible for:
• Install, Sending and receiving Code Cables using Unite Correspondence.
• Send and receive Faxes from mission to UNHQ and Other missions around the globe.
• Providing feedback and answering queries to support various clients as required.
• Providing support service delivery to SRSG/ DSRSG offices and COS.
• Liaising with other sections/units to maintain trouble free 100% network services.
• Installing and using software / Plugins to receive and transmit Code Cables
• Implementing and supporting Unite Correspondence portal to completely switch over from legacy.
• Ensuring the professional / timely delivery of Classified, Routine transmission of Code Cables and Faxes in and out of the mission HQ. keeping records of all transmitted and received information in terms of hard copies and soft copies.
• Assisting the clients by responding their queries in timely and professional manner.
• Keeping all the equipment in Comms Center up to date and operational. Seek immediate support from Helpdesk to resolve any issues
• Managing and ensuring optimal operation of the Comms Center service delivery.
• Perform other related duties as required.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
4 years of experience in the use of computers and computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Presentation, ITIL Foundation.
Area(s) of expertise
Communication, Information technology
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Technical/vocational diploma in Computer Science, Electronics / Telecommunications Engineering
Competencies and values
• Respect for Diversity
• Client Orientation
• Technological awareness
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity, and self-reliance
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs