UNMISS Telecommunications Technician Vacancies || UN Jobs in Juba. Jobs in South Sudan Apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date of application. You can Visit South Sudan NGO Form for more Vacancies in South Sudan.
UNMISS Vacancies 2023 for Telecommunications Technician Jobs in Juba Location.
UNMISS Jobs in Juba 2023:- New job notification not for UNMISS job opportunity portal for the post of Telecommunications Technician. Telecommunications Technician Vacancy is for the Juba location. Candidates should apply through unmiss.unmissions.org before the last date which is 16/07/2023.
Telecommunications Technician Jobs at UNMISS Details
|Recruiter Name||UNMISS (United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan)|
|Name of Vacancy||Telecommunications Technician Vacancy in South Sudan|
|Job Type||UN Jobs in South Sudan|
|Top Job Category of the day||NGO Jobs in South Sudan|
Telecommunications Technician Jobs Description
The Council extended the UNMISS mandate until 15 March 2023. It also emphasized that the Mission should continue advancing its three-year strategic vision defined in resolution 2567 (2021) to prevent a return to civil war, build durable peace and support inclusive, accountable governance and free, fair and peaceful elections in accordance with the Revitalized Peace Agreement.
Under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, UNMISS is therefore authorized to use all necessary means to implement its mandate which includes:
(a) Protection of civilians
(b) Creating conditions conducive to the delivery of humanitarian assistance
(c) Supporting the Implementation of the Revitalised Agreement and the Peace Process
(d) Monitoring, investigating, and reporting on violations of humanitarian and human rights law:
The overall ceiling for uniformed personnel is maintained at 17,000 troops and 2,101 police, including 88 corrections officers.
Please refer to https://unmiss.unmissions.org/mandate for more information.
UNMISS Telephone unit is one of the mission critical operational units under FTS that is required to provide all Mission staff with desk Phones in Offices as well as in Mission Camp accommodations for internal, inter Mission, local and international PINCODE calls between UNMISS HQ and field locations, UNHQ, Private (Personnel) and other UN entities. Recently FTS / Telephone unit moved all Mission desk phones from old legacy Telephony system (Aastra/Mitel) to IP based Cisco Unified Communication Platform. New Cisco Unified Communication platform that requires staff working on it to be highly trained and well versed with latest technology evolving around the world. The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Field Technology Section’s (FTS) Telephone Unit Supervisor in Juba and under the general guidance of the Chief Information Systems Officer (Operations).
• Install, configure, and maintain Cisco unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco unity Connection (CUC), Instant Messaging & Presence (IM&P).
• Deployment of Cisco unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Instant Messaging (IM) and Presence, Cisco unity connection (CUC) and Jabber.
• Provide support in Internet Protocol (IP) Phone configuration, installation, and repair.
• Ensure all Cisco unified Communications Manager (CUCM) servers network connectivity and grounding, mitigate risk of equipment and services failure.
• Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
• Resolve complex voice call issues with multiple variables.
• Troubleshooting skills for Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Protocols, Lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP) synchronization, Phone registration, Call detail Record (CDR), backup, root cause analysis through logs, voice mail and other features.
• Manage and ensure optimal operation of telephony services mission wide.
• Coordinate with other units to ensure internal and external telephony services are operational.
• Plan training and mentor national colleagues in the field of Cisco unified communications and services.
• Assist with the preparation of specifications for the requisition of Cisco unified Communications Manager (CUCM) equipment, accessories and services related to operational requirement of the Mission Telephony network.
• Coordinate with public switched telephone network (PSTN) service provider for Session initiation protocol (SIP) Integration and services 100% accessibility.
• Ensure and coordinate with FTS service desk on end user support.
• Perform other related duties as required.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
5 years of experience in Cisco unified Communication Manager (CUCM), Cisco unity connection (CUC), and instant messaging & presence (IM&P) v12.x, concept of routing protocols and network switches, complex network infrastructure design, unified communications system implementation and integration, QOS features for VOIP required.
Excellent knowledge of current ICT protocols (MGCP/H323/SIP/SCCP) and applicable international principles/standards required.
ITIL v3/v4 Foundation required.
Prince2 Foundation required.
Cisco CCNA Collaboration certifications in Voice required.
Certification in CCNP/CCIE collaboration is desirable as an added advantage.
Area(s) of expertise
Information technology, Logistics and Inventory
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics / Telecommunications Engineering
Competencies and values
• Respect for Diversity
• Planning and organizing
• Client Orientation
• Technological awareness
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity, and self-reliance
Living conditions and remarks
Living conditions vary between UNMISS duty stations. Each duty station where UNMISS has a field presence has basic residential camp facilities, which includes running water and electricity. Candidates should be aware that accommodation may be austere with the possibility of water shortages and power blackouts. On arrival in Juba accommodation will be on a share basis. Ablutions will also be shared. As the accommodation situation improves single unit accommodation, with an attached ablution, should become available in all locations. Hard wall accommodation is available in Juba.
All UNMISS duty stations apart from Entebbe, Uganda are considered non – family duty stations. The security level of UNMISS duty stations is classified by the UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) who will brief on arrival. A number of locations in South Sudan are prone to conflict.
Primary health care services (preventive and curative) are provided in 11 United Nations Owned Equipment (UNOE) Level-I clinics, 21 Contingent Owned Equipment (COE) Level-I clinics, 4 COE Level-II medical facilities within the mission area and the establishment of contractual agreements for Level-III and Level-IIII care outside the mission area. The 4 Level-II facilities available in Juba, Bor, Malakal and Wau, run by the Troop Contributing Countries (TCC), take referrals from the Level-I clinics and provide hospital-based care.
The climate is tropical with a rainy season in many areas, which should normally span from around April to October. Ability to live and work in difficult and harsh conditions is essential.
Check from here latest ||| South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs